~32~

~

After what she heard earlier Abigail didn't know how to react, but she did avoid everyone's presence for the entire day by locking herself in her room.

But now, she's being dragged out by Annie, the mother of both the hell and the storm.

"Abigail?" She hears along with a few light knocks. Abigail turned to the door and cleared her throat.

"Um...I made dinner, hopefully you can join us."

Abigail didn't want to be obvious or weird about everything going so she agreed.

"S-sure, I'll be out in a moment."

"Okay, take your time sweety."

Abigail inhaled and then exhaled. "Red leather, yellow leather, yellow leather blue leather." Abigail hummed, clasping her hands together.

"It's just dinner with your complicated crush you don't want to have feelings for and his father whom you agreed to doing things with. It's only dinner. In and out."

Abigail inhaled another breath of air and nodded. "Right." She left the room and went downstairs, joining the complicated family.

The three of them turned their attention to her as she walked in. She took a seat next to Johnathan and gazed at Micheal who's sitting across from her, Annie being on his right.

"Abby, so glad you could join us. I told them not to start until you got here," she informs.

"Oh, thank you, sorry for taking so long."

Annie waved it off. "It's okay dear, once you're here. You all can eat now."

Abigail glanced at the table. There's rice, meat, vegetables, shrimp, and tomato soup.

"Wow, when did you get the time to do all of this?" Abigail asks in awe.

"I had all day to prepare, and this was kind of a hobby of mine."

"That's great." Abigail awkwardly set her plate and Johnathan was beside her inhaling his food like it was the only thing left on earth to eat.

Her gaze shift to Micheal who's cutting into the meat on his plate. He flickered his eye through his brows, getting a good look at her. Abigail avoided eye contact as the dinner continued with their spoons clanking against the plates with the faint sounds of chewing.

Micheal sat back, his left leg extending over to Abby's side of the table. She felt his leg graze hers and she jumped.

"So Abby, how did you and my son meet?" Annie asks, wanting to start a conversation. Johnathan set his fork down, his brows creasing at his mother's question.

"We go to the same school, mom."

"Oh hush boy, I wasn't talking to you. Besides, I wanted to start a conversation." She shrugs.

"And that was your opening?" Micheal questions. She smacked him in the chest and held a smile as the man grunted slightly, massaging his chest.

"Well what's your major dear?" Annie continues.

"Criminology."

"Oooh, why that?"

"Um...I like mysteries." Part of her only joined for one reason, and that's finding her real dad, however she does like the work they get.

"Oh that's good dear."

The more the woman spoke the more Abby felt bad for kissing Jefferson and allowing him to touch her. Jefferson noticed the girl's tensity and could only wonder.