~30~

~

When Johnathan got back to the beach house he was absolutely drained. This should be easy for him yet, why is it so hard to deal with. Actually no, it's not hard, all he have to do is tell Meriane to fuck off until it's time for her to give birth, yet she's still around.

He blames himself.

Johnathan searched his phone, noticing all the missed calls and text messages from Abby the day before. He feels like an idiot. Usually he'd like the feeling since that would mean he doesn't know everything. But this...this is different.

Johnathan turned on his stomach and decided to text Abby. This break is taking too many lefts.

'In the morning we should go in the city, I want to show you to meet someone.'

No answer. He sighs and flipped back onto his back. He scrolled through his contacts and called his mom.

He placed the phone to his ear, listening to the ringing sound. He closed his eyes, inhaling sharply.

"Hey sweety!" She beams.

"To be, or not to be."

"Good God, what's the problem this time?" She asks, her tone getting serious, but still holding a bit of playfulness.

"This is a shit storm, mom."

"I'm guessing you told her?"

"Yeah...it went terrible. She doesn't want to talk to me and I don't blame her. This is supposed to be her break."

"Then make it about her honey. Take her out, whether she wants to or not, gift her things, recite the damn periodic table for her if you have to."

He laughed, feeling better instantly.

"Would you like for me to talk to her?"

"Abby?"

"Yeah, and I do want to meet her in person instead of the pictures you sent to me a while ago."

"Okay. Um...are you sure you want to come down to the beach house? Dad's here and I know how you are when you're around him."

"Gosh Johnathan. Please."

"I mean you divorced him sure but...I know you still love him, mom."

She sighs. "Sweetheart, your father is an asshole."

"Right right, ignore what I just said." She grins, causing him to shake his head.

"I'll be there tomorrow okay? By the way, what about Meriane? I can also have a chat with her."

"No, I've got it."

"Johnathan, when your father got me pregnant back when I was your age it was just like this. He was a manwhore forced to settle down."

He scrunched his brows. "Did you just admit to me being a trap?"

She snorts. "No...but you were unexpected."

"Mom!?"

The both of them laughed and he exhaled. "Thanks mom."

"Always, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay, love you."

"I love you too dear, and get some sleep, you'll need it."

"Yeah, thanks." Johnathan hung up and grinned lightly.

"Unexpected...unplanned..." his smile fadded. "Unplanned..."

"And you're doing all of this just because he's making his own choices?! He's an adult Micheal!"