Chapter 68: Chasing Memories, Creating Dreams

It's been several days, after Ash and Incineroar unknowingly traveled back in time due to Celebi's meddling, they met Kukui's younger self and his Litten and managed to receive a Firium Z from the late Totem Trevenant before being sent back to the present. 

With only a few days left before the start of the Pokémon League, Cloud and the guys had arrived at Lillie's mansion to help her and Mallow master their Z-Moves. As everyone was waiting, Lillie had walked in with Snowball.

Lillie: Alola, everyone!

Everyone: Alola!

Lana: We asked them to help cheer us on.Lillie: Please, make yourself at home.

Cloud: So, Lillie. Are ya ready to train?

Kiawe: The Alola Pokémon League is right around the corner!

Cloud: That's right. There's not much time left, so we wanna help ya master yer Z-Move as soon as possible.

Ash: Let's all train together!

Lillie: Let us give it our all! But first... There's a Pokémon I'd like you all to meet.

Upon arriving, Lillie led everyone down to a room that looked like a study of some sort, showing them a mechanical looking Pokemon.

Lillie: Let me introduce you. This is Magearna.

Eevee and Pikachu all walked up to Magearna, looking at it curiously.

Lillie: Father got her for me back when I was still a baby.

Cloud: Never seen anything like this before. What's its story?

Lillie: Magearna is a man made Pokémon made over 500 years ago. It's said to synchronize it's conscious with others, allowing it to understand their feelings.

Rotom Dex: Data on Magearna updated!

Sophocles: Is Magearna asleep?

Lillie: The truth is, Magearna has never moved, not since father met her. Father worked hard to try and get her to move, but...

Ash: Hey, Lillie... Can I touch her?

Cloud: Ash, context!

Lillie: Of course!

Ash walked up to Magearna, rubbing her head.

Ash: Magearna, I'm Ash. Nice to meet you.

Following suit, everyone proceeded to rub Magearna's head, introducing themselves to her, but Cloud noticed a journal on the desk.

Cloud: Huh? What's this?

Lillie: Well, you see, I should very much like to be friends with Magearna, so I've been studying father's journal.

Cloud: I see.

Ash: That's awesome, Lillie!

Mallow: I'm rooting for you!