Chapter 40: The Abandoned Megamart

A/N: One thing I would like to say before we begin, a lot of people wonder why was Nanu chosen as an Island Kahuna when he's as lazy as they come. My best guess is that because Tapu Bulu is the laziest of the Tapu, it may feel a sense of familiarity towards Nanu as a fellow lazy individual.

Maybe I'm wrong. Anyways, enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been days since arriving at Ula'Ula. Cloud and Acerola arrive at the abandoned Thrifty Megamart, where the Island Trial is supposed to take place.

 Cloud and Acerola arrive at the abandoned Thrifty Megamart, where the Island Trial is supposed to take place

Acerola: We're finally here.

Cloud: So this is it, huh?

Acerola: Yup!

Cloud: I've been wondering, what happened to this place?

Acerola: This was a supermarket built near Tapu Village. 

Cloud: Tapu Village?

Acerola: However, the site of the village and the supermarket were grounds held sacred by Tapu Bulu, so in a fit of rage, it destroyed everything. The ruins of the supermarket became overrun by Ghost-type Pokémon, and a new supermarket was later built on Akala Island.

Cloud: Man... I guess Island Deities really have no tolerance for this kinds of stuff.

Acerola: I guess I should tell you. The totem is a bit of a trickster, and it likes to play hide and seek. It really loves messing around.

Cloud: So how do we get it to come out?

Acerola: That's simple. As I previously mention, this old building is full of Ghost type Pokémon, you see. If you play with them for a bit, the Totem will definitely come out to join in on the fun!

Cloud: Hehe. Sounds fun. 

Acerola: Now, are you sure you're ready to take on this Trial?

Cloud: It'll be fine. We've done nothing but working hard in the past few days.

Acerola: Oh, right.

(Flashback, 3 Days Ago)

Cloud was talking to his grandma through the PC.

Cloud: So how's Weavile doing? Any progress?

Magnolia: What do you think? She's still hell-bent on feasting on an Alolan Vulpix.

Weavile: Weavile!!!!

Cloud: *Sigh* That's not good... How am I supposed to use her in the Alola League like this? Hmm...

Magnolia: I'll keep in touch.

Cloud: Thanks. Let's hope Weavile can change in time.

Eevee: Vui.