58

✰ ARION HOWARD ✰NEW YORK CITY POV

ARION HOWARD
NEW YORK CITY
POV

Dougie roughly shook his head causing the water from his hair to splatter in the tub, the man picked up his towel bringing it to his head and began patting down until it was damp.

He stood in the mirror looking completely into space ever since Skylar's death he felt so out of touch with reality everything around him felt fake or like a stimulation.

Exiting the bathroom Arion walked into his bedroom opening his dresser and grabbing his all black tech fleece, boxers and white Nike socks placing all the clothing on his bed.

"Ion know when this fucking shit gets better but I'm trusting the process" Dougie hopelessly sighed putting on his wife beater and socks.

The man did have trust in god but wondered why he had to get so close and attached to skylar just for the girl to die and leave him.

Sighing loudly Dougie put the rest of his clothes on and grabbed his Jordan 4s - he put the shoes on and walked out the room.

The sound of his phone ringing made his head snap and he quickly stood up grabbing the phone seeing he had a incoming call from Kay's mother.

"Wassup momma love" Dougie spoke with a subtle smile on his face.

"Hey Arion, Kaykay asked why you ain't answering the phone and he told me to tell you that he'll be at yo crib in 5 minutes" she stated.

"Aight - how have you been holding up?" Jackie asked showing genuine concern, seeing as the relationship with Dougie and his mother was rocky and unstable he always appreciated how Kay's mother treated him.

Jackie is sweet and a kindhearted woman who loves making all Kay's friends feel appreciated and mostly importantly feel loved.

"I've been good ma! I could honestly be better but everyone be Checkin in so it's cool" Dougie explained standing still in his living room.

"Stay in good spirits I love you" she empathetically spoke and the man smiled.

"Love you too ma!"

"Kaykay should be there any minute now I'll see you soon" Jackie informed.

"See you" Arion waited a few seconds before hanging up the phone putting it in his pocket.

He took a deep breath walking over to his fridge grabbing his bottle of wock - it was nearly finished so the man chugged it down.