Alpha - Problematic Man - Chapter 18

Start from the beginning

A moment later.

Taehyung hungrily shoved the warm rice and food into his mouth as I gulped the refreshing water with my puffy cheeks. The woman watched us devour her meals with a slight smile.

"The sky will not stop drizzling until tomorrow," She chuckled, turning to admire the gloomy sky.

"Did eomma hire you to maintain the mansion?" I asked, lowering my spoon to the plate. Halmeoni faintly smiled at me and glanced at Taehyung's stuffed cheeks.

"You two

"You two... have grown so much," Halmeoni cheerfully chuckled as she admired us. Does she know us?

"Oh! You're the assistant maid! I remember you now!" Taehyung gasped, suddenly looking up at Halmeoni with a dumbfounded look. I glanced at her again. I can't recall anything.

"Neh. I used to pack snacks... for your school lunch," Halmeoni chuckled at Taehyung.

"Ah! You always gave me an extra pack of sweets!" He gasped in excitement. Halmeoni's eyes lit up at his acknowledgment. She nodded at him and glanced at me.

"You were really young, young lady. I doubt you remember me. How's the Jeon's heir doing? Jeon Jungkook. You two were a mischievous duo," She smiled.

"Jungkook is here too, but he didn't come with us," I answered. She weirdly studied my face with a curious smile.

"It was not obvious when you were young... but you look a lot like your father now that you've grown," She smiled. I frowned at her strange praise. Appa? I looked more like eomma though. Taehyung glanced at me unsurely and back to halmeoni.

"So you've been maintaining this place all by yourself?" Taehyung asked

"Neh. I do a little bit of this and that every day, so it's not much work. Your mother still transfers a generous amount to my bank account every month," Halmeoni nodded. Her gesture is so... delicate. It's as if she's a maid still on duty to serve her masters.

"How did you know we were here?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"Smoke. I saw smoke in the sky from my village, so I came as soon as the storm settled," Halmeoni nodded at the fireplace. Oh. Maybe we shouldn't have lit up the place?