{ thirty-nine } disgusting honesty

[TW: Mentions and descriptions of struggling and diminishing mental health issues. Please be aware before reading.]

|Year 853|The year of exploration

|Year 853|
The year of exploration.
━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I'LL ACCEPT YOUR DEAL," Louis Heinrich smirked, pushing up his glasses. He shook his head in breathless amazement, chuckling quietly as he leaned back in his expensive leather chair. "Whatever you need, you'll have Nicolae's resources at your disposal, and we'll pull back as discussed."

      Eren opened the door without a word, no longer interested in hearing anything else the stuck-up asshole had to say. With his hands in his pockets he left the room, holding the door open with his foot as he did so.

      "Hey, Subject of Ymir," Louis called to him. Eren shouldn't have even validated his words with a response, but he turned around anyways. "You really might just be the devil, you know that?"

      Eren turned back around, kicking the door closed with his ankle.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

      "Why are we here?" Sasha asked, her left arm linked with Kira's right. Sasha's right hand held Mikasa's left, pulling on the girl's hand when she didn't answer.

      Mikasa seemed oddly bashful earlier in the morning, pulling the two girl's aside after breakfast and bringing them into the heart of Trost on Kira's one day of the week off. Hange fought hard for a single, uninterrupted, day for Kira to relax her body. It was denied at first, but Hange had worked for three weeks straight to compile ample amounts of evidence showcasing the positive aspects of the human body resting after exerting itself like Kira did constantly.

      She didn't mind walking around on her day off, especially since she wanted to monitor whatever it was that was making her friend nervously shrug her shoulders and reach for her scarf even though it was too hot outside to wear the garment as often as she normally did.

      "I heard that there were some good art supplies out here," Mikasa finally answered as the three continued down the busy street. "I want Kira to show me the best ones."

      They were out of uniform, which normally was unneeded for any regiment soldiers, mostly the Survey Corps. Sure, they were watched whenever they reentered the Walls' territory, but after their exponential growth in popularity and support, walking out in uniform caused more of a disturbance than it should've.