{ five } the fall of shiganshina

•• ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ••

      "You would?"

"Want that with you, I mean."

•• ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ••

[TW: Mentions and descriptions of death, blood and gore. Please be aware before reading.]

|Year 845|The year of humanity's darkest day

|Year 845|
The year of humanity's darkest day.
━━━━━━━━━━━━

EREN WOKE UP WITH a gasp, his eyes wide and unfocused as he tried to interpret his surroundings. Mikasa stood over him, worry and concern etched in her young features. Eren mumbled something incoherent and unintelligible to either of them, leaving Mikasa only more worried as to why he would act this way. Sure, he usually wore his emotions proudly - more like, stubbornly - but it was usually never one of true shock or fear as his face showed now.

"Let's head back." Mikasa told him, adjusting herself as she fully stood up on her feet. She chose to ignore the way his eyes looked as though they tried to find something, searching for an object that would not appear. Knowing Eren, he would only become defensive and shout.

"What am I doing here?" Eren asked, his voice quiet and some of his words partially slurred together as he slowly sat up.

"You're so out of it," Mikasa noted, looking back at him to scan his features. "Were you sound asleep?" She asked, trying to decipher his emotions that were usually so obvious.

"No," Eren denied as he held his right hand up to his head, trying to put his thoughts in order as a sting of pain struck him. "It just feels like I had a really long dream."

"What was it about?" He continued, more to himself than to Mikasa, struggling to grasp his train of thought. "I don't remember." He finished, defeated and worn out despite having just woken up from a nap.

"Eren, why are you crying?" Mikasa asked, now voicing her true concern as Eren cluelessly went to wipe his cheeks.

"We should head back before your mom gets worried." Mikasa reminded him, watching closely as Eren mindlessly followed her orders. It was clear to her that whatever he had dreamed about in that short time, had enough of an impact on him to leave him is such an uncharacteristically long daze.