{ twenty-four } bloody reunions

[TW: Mentions and descriptions of death, violence, blood, and gore. Please be aware before reading.]

|Year 850|The year of familiar tragedy

|Year 850|
The year of familiar tragedy.
━━━━━━━━━━━━

      HE WAS MOCKING ME. It was the only reason Kira could think of as Squad Levi, with the help of Keiji, Abel, and Nifa, all moved to Trost in order to evade their current attackers. He had to have been mocking her. He chose to use her alias instead of her birth name or 'designated number'. Something about the letter was exceptionally bitter, and it made Kira especially suspicious.

Something was not right at the school.

He would never use 'we' to describe any type of order. In his eyes, there is no 'we'. There was only ever him, the assistants, and the products. He does not view himself as the same as the 'products'. It was his job to train the products into Targets. He was always above, never a part of. He would never write 'we'.

So who did?

The most obvious answer would be Samuel, the last Target before Kira had left. However, Targets never lasted longer than a year and a half before they were either surpassed by another student, or he took a group of them out for an undisclosed objective. The name quickly changed from 'undisclosed' to 'last' as no one had ever returned from such a mission. Yet, he never seemed upset about it. Though, it wasn't like he ever had anything to be upset over anyways.

Why her father? That in itself – saying her father would be proud – was an outright taunt. It seemed almost childish, or immature. He always held his head high, only ever bowing it to check on his ticking pocket watch. The way he taunted the student was different. He would never consider moving so loudly, as though to come out victorious. He would never try to win, he didn't need to.

Everyone knew, he never lost.

"Why do I have to wear this ugly thing again?!" Jean fumed, glaring down at the shaggy brown wig in his hands.

"Because I said so," Levi replied sternly. "The real Eren and Historia will be in the wagon that we'll meet up with later, got it?"

"Yes, sir." Eren and Historia replied in unison. Kira watched Armin awkwardly shuffle his long blonde wig around from one hand to the other, clearly uncomfortable with dressing as a girl.