{ one } silence

[TW: Mentions and descriptions of death, violence, and multiple implied forms of abuse. Please be aware before reading.]

|Year 843|Two years before humanity's darkest day

|Year 843|
Two years before humanity's darkest day.
━━━━━━━━━━━━

      "AGAIN."

      "AGAIN."

      "WRONG. AGAIN."

      "Take her to the shed."

      "I want cleaner, sharper, movements. Again."

      Every day was a grueling, painful, repeat of the last. For three years, all she was taught to do was cook, clean, fight, lie, kill. Cook, clean, fight, lie, kill. A horrible cycle that she couldn't escape.

      Kira had it harder than everyone else, she knew that. Ever since she got there, she was given smaller food rations but forced to cook for everyone else, more fight training, taught higher-level academics to get her ahead and keep her there. The demon-man told her it was because she was different, that something inside of her was special, stronger.

      "Remember this, Kira. The strongest people are always better alone."

      She sat alone during meals, worked alone when she trained, she had an earlier morning time call for accuracy practice. She begged, pleaded, at first. Kira just wanted to go back home. It wasn't the prettiest area, but she had a warm and caring mother. She had a warm and caring mother.

      After a year at The Academy, she went quiet. She stopped fighting. She stopped resisting, even slowly forgetting what her life was like before the school. This was her life, and she would dedicate herself to being the best. No more mistakes, she would be perfect. She would be the first and youngest in her class to get a real assignment, and she would complete it flawlessly. She let herself submit.

      As a result of her adjusted mindset and her lack of attitude, she was allowed more food. Suddenly, every other class-bracket envied her, or maybe it had always been that way. She never spoke a word, she barely showed her face, new classmates didn't even know her name. She was perfect. The ideal student.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

      "This is it. This is what you've all trained for." Headmaster Kane said as the carriage began moving further and further away from The Academy.

      "I would hate to see you perish so soon." He continued, glancing between the students in front of him.

{BRACKET 1; CLASS A}