{ thirty-four } what's left

[TW: Mentions and descriptions of death, blood, and body image issues. Please be aware before reading.]

|Year 850|The year of familiar tragedy

|Year 850|
The year of familiar tragedy.
━━━━━━━━━━━━

SHE'D COME BACK, RIGHT?

Hange didn't have the numbers or the energy to set out a search party to go after her. She was too fast on the gear, and had left the only people available that could go after her in a pain-filled heap. Getting in her way was not an option. It didn't stop Eren's eyes from glancing into the crowd and in between houses as they passed, looking back when he saw any hint of a green coat or shall.

Right?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was colder than usual, being outside. The streets were empty, though the late open bars she'd passed by were still lit. She could hear the incoherent celebrations that were going on as she walked, drunkards breaking their glasses and hollering to each other with an ignorant glee.

She supposed the others had made it back, notifying the people of their success. The townspeople were throwing parties like they were the ones who did the fighting. They cheered like they were the ones who had placed their lives on the line. The hatred towards the Scouts was so easily swayed, Kira wondered if they even understood how much time they'd wasted by placing their energy into insulting the regiment. It didn't matter though, their opinions never made sense, nor were they valuable in any way.

The blood covered cloak did nothing to stop the night breeze, as the blood-soaked material couldn't do anything besides embrace the cold wind. The deep green had turned into a rusted brown shade after being drenched with the thick liquid, trapped in its fibers.

Her destination was obvious, the huge structure impossible to miss as she continued forward. Her sternum had begun to clot, finally stopping her blood from dripping out of the wound. Her legs were trembling again, and Kira gritted her teeth as she followed one of the neatly paved trails to the main entrance of the building. Her chest had become stiff, her body forcing it still so as to make some progress in healing the main cut on her upper abdomen.

Looking at the smooth stone steps in front of her, Kira didn't even attempt to lift her leg to know that her body would strongly protest. So strongly, that she wasn't sure her legs would even allow the movement at all at this point.