My heart ached at the mention of Thomas who was the only one missing in the room. The only one who had mattered and the one I had given up everything for.

"...so tell us...what were your plans tonight when you were out there whoring yourself to Alpha Ezra in front of the whole world?!... Go on...tell my brothers here...tell them what a dirty little slut you really are..."

Four pairs of eyes flashed gold as they riveted in my direction. I could hear my own heart beating so loudly and fast that I feared it would give up at my moment. The insults stung, like a hard slap across the face, but it didn't bother me as much as the tension that was quickly rising in the room. It was palpable, heavy and foreboding.

Deciding to put a stop to this ludicrous narrative before things went truly south, I swallowed hard before responding hesitantly, my voice low and clearly filled with fear. "W-we weren't doing anything. Ezra and I were-"

Alex cut in immediately, clapping his hands loudly as if this was the breakthrough that he had been hoping for. "Ezra huh? First name basis already. I'm impressed....What did I tell you all? You cannot trust this..."

I fell silent once again, sensing the utter stupidity of trying to explain anything when they had clearly decided that I was guilty of the crime that they accused me off. But as I listened to Alex berate and humiliate me to his brothers for the next few mins, I felt a small trickle of something wet and warm travel down the side of my head.

Instinctively, I reached up and touched the spot on my head before pulling my hand away and examining it.

My eyes widened as it fell on the blood that coated my fingers. Concerned and uncertain, I touched the spot again and pulled away to notice more blood pooling around my fingers. Their voices dulled as my focus completely shifted to the red on my hand. It took a few seconds for the surprise to wear off before something within me snapped.

A slow inferno of anger bubbled to the surface.

I wasn't the type who enjoyed confrontations. I wasn't the type to make a fuss when the world played unfair. I wasn't the type to go looking for trouble. I wasn't the type to speak up or stand up for myself. But this... had gone on too long and I was sick of it. Of them. Of everything.

Still staring at my hands, I whispered the first thought that crossed my mind. "Why the fuck do you care?"

Though my voice did not project very far, all the voices in the room abruptly ceased. The silence that followed was potent with rage and disbelief.

"What did you say?"

At the sound of Alex's threatening tone, I finally looked up to see them all staring at me with mixed expressions but mostly one of shock and anger.

My own temper flared in response. I was done being threatened. I was done being silenced and I was done being bullied into submission. "You heard me. Why should it matter to you if I want to fuck Ezra or any male that shows interest? You didn't even want me in the first place! Honestly, at this point, I have no problem spreading my legs to any man that isn't one of you sick-twisted-fucks...."

The roars that filled the room in answer to my retaliation were terrifying to behold. All of their eyes turned a deep yellow, indicating that I had gone too far while Kole and James even had their fangs on full display as their chests rumbled threateningly. But my rage would not be silenced that easily.

"Oh, shut it..."

Turning to face Alex, who was the only one that sported a broad smile on his face, I glared in contempt. "You want the truth?"