Chapter 29

I stood still by the edge of the bed, dumbfounded, while I stared at the ornate items placed in front of me. Right in the centre sat a large black box with intricate gold detailing, beautifully wrapped with a bow that trailed over the sides in delicate frills. And right beside it was a grey medium-sized box which had the words "Jimmy Choo" written across it in black letters. And to the very front, sat an elegant velvet case which read "Cartier", the stylish gold engraving standing out against the bright red colour of the case. Finally, sitting pretty amongst these was a large bouquet of red roses with a note.

Upon noticing it, my hand automatically reached out to clutch the note tightly before opening it. And as my eyes raced across the three words written in perfect cursive, my head spun and my jaw dropped in shock.

For you.

-Alex

I could hear Thomas downstairs, talking animatedly to the person who had come by to drop these things but my interest in their discussion had completely waned as I re-read the little note for the third time. Alex sent me these things? Alex? The same man who wanted me dead?

Placing the note down in a daze, I reached for the big box and pulled out the item within. My surprise and shock doubled as I took in the knee-length black dress which had a plunging neckline with delicate straps and a long slit to the side. The satin material felt smooth to the touch, the texture and well-made cut clearly illustrating the "high-end" quality of the clothing. Peeking into the bottom of the box, I breathed a sigh of relief when I found a matching set of black lace lingerie. It had definitely been a nightmare trying to survive without any undergarments.

Opening the grey box next, I found a pair of beautiful nude stilettos. They were simple but yet looked very classy. And to my utter amazement, the shoes were the right size! What the-? Quickly grabbing the clothes and checking the hem tags, I realised that they were the correct size as well! How the fuck did they know my size?

Finally moving on to the velvet case, I ran my fingers over the surface, delighting in the feel of the luxurious texture before carefully opening it. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as I gaped at the beautiful line necklace, paved with diamonds on a platinum chain.

"What's all this?"

I turned around slowly with the case still clasped in my hands and my mouth wide open in shock. Thomas was standing in the doorway staring at the things laid out on the bed. His brows were scrunched together in the middle as he eyed the whole scene with suspicion.

"Uh. They are from Alex"

"What?"

A look of surprise crossed his face before he approached the bed dubiously. Picking up the note, his eyes narrowed into slits while his lips pulled into a thin line. Looking back at the items once again, his jaw ticked as he tossed the note back on the bed and turned to look at me seriously.

"Start getting ready. They are expecting us within the hour."

"Where are we meeting them?"

He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. I realised that he always did that when he felt particularly frustrated. "We are meeting them in the packhouse. That's like the main house where the higher-ranking wolves live."

"Oh. Are you one?"

A small smile graced his lips as he answered. "Yes, I am. This pack has two Alphas who are Alex and Marcus. They are like... the leaders. Then you have the second in command who is called a Beta. And we have three in this pack– James, Kole and me. We also have a Gamma- our third in command who happens to be Liam. But he doesn't live at the packhouse anymore."