Chapter 5

Tonight, was turning out to be one of those headache-inducing, pain-in-the-behind kind of nights. Firstly, it was Sasha and her cronies who insisted on dragging me to this dingy little nightclub where people were literally humping each other's legs on the dancefloor.

Secondly, it was the obnoxiously loud music that pounded into my skull and left my ears with a ringing sound that I couldn't seem to shake off. And to top it off, I had spent half the evening evading advances from overly horny men.

Ugh! This was supposed to be a night of celebration for managing to retain our jobs but I honestly could not wait for it to end. A quiet dinner at a nice restaurant would have been my pick but Sasha had whined for hours, promising that this nightclub was "the place" to be.

I huffed in irritation when I glanced across the bar and noticed a man ogling, his lecherous gaze locked firmly on my chest. An involuntary shudder racked over my body as I sent a glare in return. This was one of the many reasons why I rarely participated in the nightlife scene. The attention in some of these places was downright disgusting and at times bordering on assault.

Gulping down the last remnants of my drink, I stepped away from the bar in the hopes of finding Sasha and getting the hell out of here. The whole situation with Thomas Carson had left me in a cranky mood and I'd much rather sit at home and stew over it than be stuck here pretending to have a good time.

But the task of finding Sasha was easier said than done. With sweaty bodies jostling me in every direction and minimum visibility, it was a miracle that I made it through the crowded dancefloor in one piece while also continuing to shrug off eager men who thought to get lucky.

I searched for my best friend, my eyes targeting every brunette I could find until I finally spotted her in a private corner of the club. Sasha seemed preoccupied with her tongue shoved halfway down a guy's throat, who in turn appeared to be rather enjoying himself a little too much as he greedily fondled every inch of her that was exposed. Gross.

Tapping her over the shoulder, I stepped back to give them some space as they retrieved their respective tongues and parted from each other. Sasha turned immediately, her face scrunched in annoyance as her eyes sought the source of the interruption. But when they landed on me however, her expression turned to one of delight.

"Heyyyyyyy babyyyyy... You... having fun?!"

Judging by the clownish smile on her face and her slurred speech, I knew she wasn't in any state to take in my explanation for wanting to leave.

Smiling, I pointed in the general direction of the club exit as I mouthed the words, "I'm leaving now"

Her face crumpled with dismay as she swayed closer unsteadily.

"Noooo.. Don't go..."

Sighing, I leaned in close and tilted my head close to her ear. "I'll text you later....don't stay out too late, ok?... Love you."

My friend pouted, not keen on letting me go but eventually rolled her eyes and tugged me close. Planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek, she yelled loudly, causing me to wince in discomfort.

"Loveee you toooo babyyyy"

Grumbling affectionately, I let her get back to her partner for the evening and turned around to look for the exit. Having finally located it, I groaned inwardly as I realized that I would need to cut through the sea of horny people once again to get there.

Another round of jostling, twisting and turning ensued before I managed to make my way close to the exit. But just as I breathed a sigh of relief, I felt strong arms grab me from behind.

At first, I was merely irritated at being stopped once again by some random male who undoubtedly was pushing his luck. But the irritation was quick to give way to red hot anger when his arms boldly encircled my waist and pulled me flush against his body.

Instantly, I began to wriggle and squirm to free myself, hoping he would get the hint and let me go. But the more I tried, the more his arms tightened, like a snake coiling around its prey. Left with no choice, I raised my arm to elbow him in the gut when a silky- smooth voice breezed over my shoulder.

"Shhh... Calm down Mia. There's no need for such violence now is there?"

My need to escape the stranger's hold halted abruptly from the shock that paralysed my body. Despite the loud music and noise, I recognised that voice.

Thomas Carson.

His low chuckle sent shivers down my spine. The world around us faded into the background almost immediately. The anger quickly dissipated as the familiar warmth spread through my body. On instinct, I leaned back into his chest and closed my eyes, surrendering to the feeling. His arms gave me a gentle squeeze as he lowered his face into my neck.

His lips skimmed over my bare shoulder lightly, leaving a trail of sparks in its wake. My body responded like never before, a blaze of heat erupting at his every touch and awakening my senses to new heights of pleasure and torment.

And just as his lips grazed a particular spot on my neck, an electric charge coursed through my system in the speed of light, igniting every nerve within. An involuntary gasp escaped my lips as the sensation took hold. I ground my hips further into him, needing to feel more.

In response, his whole body shuddered and a low approving growl rumbled beneath his chest. The primal sound seemed to awaken something inside of me, turning my nipples hard as an inferno of heat began to build in between my legs. I craved his touch, his smell, his sounds, his everything. I craved him. All of him.

My eyes flew open when I was swiftly turned around and pulled against his solid chest. His hands travelled down my back and landed on my ass, squeezing slightly and eliciting another moan from me. He pulled my lower half towards him until I could feel his hardened length poking my inner thigh. A heady feeling of exhilaration consumed me as I realised that this "need" was mutual between us.

My arms flew around his neck, pulling him lower. Finally meeting his eyes, I saw the lust evident on his face. His usual silver-grey eyes were darker with a strange ring of golden glow around the iris. And in spite of the strangeness, I felt drawn towards his gaze. My pussy throbbed, the wetness soaking through onto my thighs. Unable to help myself, I moved my hips against his length wanting to feel some friction and ease the ache building up in my core.

A strangled moan escaped him before he closed his eyes and slowly thrust his length against me once. His breathing picked up, making his chest rise and fall at a rapid pace. His hands caressed every inch of skin as he moved to my neck once again and began to nip at the skin there.

I gasped and moaned, pressing myself closer and praying that the moment would never end.

When he reached that sensitive point, his grip on my waist tightened as he gently bit the nook and proceeded to bear down and suck. The feel of his tongue on that spot sent a bolt of surcharge straight to my clit making me cry out in surprise.

Grabbing a fistful of his hair, I pushed him further into my neck wanting more. What I wanted; I wasn't sure. I just knew that I needed it like the air in my lungs.

Thomas however, suddenly stilled, his breathing coming out in pants as pulled away slightly. His jaw clenched as he stared into my eyes, the gold around his iris reflecting hypnotically against the darkness.

"Let's get out of here"

His husky voice sent a shiver of anticipation as he pulled me out of the club without another word and into the cold night outside.