Tell Me The Truth, Luce

Author's Note

So this chapter takes a break from the last chapter and focuses more on the friendship between Lucifer and Ella. She deserves to (finally) know the truth. And also dang this chapter has over 2000 words.

***

Ella laughed as Carol made another joke before they left the restaurant. Something about a chicken egg? It was honestly a great way to end a Saturday night. Plus that strawberry swirl ice cream- that was tots amazing. "Thanks for the dinner, Carol." Ella said as she brushed her hair away from her eyes.

"Thank you." He murmured. There was a long silence after that, it lasted at least 5 seconds. Then suddenly he leaned forward and kissed her. She immediately pulled away. His face dropped at the reaction. "Sorry, got too carried away in the moment."

"No, no. It was just me, you didn't do anything wrong." Ella said. "It's just with you working with me and-"

"Yeah, I totally get it. Um, but I hope we can still meet each other tomorrow?" He asked, smiling nervously.

"Yeah, ofc!" She loves how he was always so patient. She smiled. "Thank you, Carol. See you tomorrow."

"Bright and early." He quipped.

*****

She felt lost. He was perfect for her- which is exactly the problem. It reminded her too much of... him. That back-stabbing traitor... More like crazy mental-deranged serial killer who hides murderous flowers in his house.

She decided to head to the church. It always gave her a sense of comfort. She knows that she hadn't been in touch with the Big Guy since Charlotte died and everything started not making sense... but she really needed a sign. She just really needed a sign to realise her true purpose.

... And that's when she realised the familiar British man standing in front of the church door.

"Hey Lucifer!" She was happy to see him after an incredibly boring week in the precinct. "Where have you been? You haven't been to a single case in a week." Ella asked, smiley and cheerful as always.

"Well, as I told the detective already, I have Heavenly duties to attend to." He replied without so much of hesitation. Ella continued staring, almost as if knowing he was leaving something out. "... And, I guess I also needed to take a break off some things. The last few weeks have been pretty crazy, trust me."

"Is it something between you and Chloe? Because if it is you can tell me. Or about anything else for that matter. It just seems like you have something on your mind." She said softly as he leaned on the front door, stroking his hair as he let out a sigh.

"Or at least if you don't want to talk to me, you have to talk to someone. Linda? I talk with the Big Guy when I feel lost, or at least used to." She said, pushing the door open. "You coming?"

He chuckled as he stopped himself from a little eye-roll. Ah, the irony. He technically is the Big Guy now.

"Yeah, fine." He said. But as the door opened and the altar of the church came into view, the memories of Uriel replayed in his mind. The memory was so fresh it was almost as if it happened just a day ago.

The fight they had as typical Uriel rambled on and on about patterns and so. How Uriel threatened to kill the detective. How he picked up the knife and plunged the blade of Azrael into his chest almost without hesitation. The shocked look on Uriel's face as blood poured out from his chest and he dropped to the ground, bleeding to death in his arms.

Deckerstar's Happily Ever AfterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara