Nothing Has Changed

[So since Lucifer's Dad named his successor in this fanfic and Amenadiel loves working with the police force so Lucifer actually becomes God, basically changing the original plot line of Season 6]

AFTER THE CROWNING CEREMONY

Amenadiel and Lucifer spent the last week arranging the details for the ceremony. Of course it was held in the Silver City so he decided to take a few days off from the LAPD.

And now that the ceremony was over, Amenadiel and Lucifer came back to Earth.

*****

BACK AT LUX

Chloe sat over at the bar, pouring herself a glass of wine. Lucifer had quite many varieties of alcohol displayed in his bar. It was morning and Lux seemed quiet and peaceful. She took a sip out of her glass, and then she walked over to Lucifer's piano, recalling the memories of when they first met there.

"Lucifer Morningstar." Lucifer introduced himself.

"Lucifer Morningstar... Is that a stage name?" She remembered herself saying those exact words.

"God-given, I'm afraid." She recalled the smirk on his face.

She opened the piano, her fingers gliding across the keys. She never bothered to learn how to play the piano even though she had one at home. Her mother used to play the piano when she had free time, but the only song Chloe could ever play was "Heart and Soul".

Just when she was about to walk out of Lux, she felt a hand lying on her shoulder. She turned around to find Lucifer behind him.

She smiled at his appearance. "So I take it that you are officially God now?"

"Yup," Lucifer grinned. "Still don't get why they had to do the whole ceremony thing though. It was boring as hell." He sighed. "Pun intended."

"I don't see why you want to complain, I mean you are literally God now." Chloe giggled.

"You're right." Lucifer gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"So what are you doing over here at Lux Chloe?" Lucifer asked even though he already knew why.

"Well Ella finally went on a first date with Carol and Linda was busy taking care of Charlie. I just finished the latest case yesterday and there wasn't anything else to do so I decided to sort of, you know... come here and wait for you." Chloe said.

"But I guess you knew what I was going to say. Might need a while to get used to... this. Thanks for asking me anyway."

"I know that you still need time to process this so I just wanted to show you that nothing will change between us even though now I have gained a few supernatural abilities."

"Thanks, Lucifer." Chloe said, smiling. Just then, she heard a buzz from her pocket and pulled out her phone.
She looked at the message that popped up on the screen.

"New case." Lucifer smirked.

*****

AT THE CRIME SCENE: Glendale Galleria Mall

"You know that we don't have to drive anymore, right? I can just teleport is to the crime scene. All I have to do is just snap my fingers and then boom, crime scene!" Lucifer told Chloe as he got out of her car.

"I know...  I just feel like driving you here myself." Chloe said, clearing her throat.

"Detective, if you want to talk about it, I-" Lucifer was about to say something before Ella suddenly started talking.

"Lucifer! Where have you been for the past week?" Ella came to him, her usual cheerful and joyful expression could be shown on her face.

"Ah, hello, Miss Lopez. Guess your date went well?" He said, and Ella nodded in agreement. "Well, Dad retired and everything became sort of complicated but in the end I took on the family business." Lucifer smiled. "So I won't be here as often but I will join on some cases if I have time."

"Aww, congrats!" She went over and pulled Lucifer into a hug. He hugged her back awkwardly.

Ella turned back to the case. "Anyways, the victim is a teenage girl named Catherine Kiefer. She was celebrating her 16th birthday here with her friends. It seems that she spilled alcohol on her dress and went to the bathroom to clean up when the killer stabbed her. Multiple times." She said, taking a few photos of the body. "Poor Catherine."

She sighed. "I'll go run some DNA tests on the prints, but for now you guys can interview her friends over there." She pointed at a few kids. They were either sobbing or crying, who knew a simple birthday could turn into a bloody fiasco?

"Joe Cooper." Lucifer muttered.

"Hm?" Ella looked up from the body.

"Joe Cooper!" Lucifer exclaimed, clasping his hands together. "There's no need for tests now, Miss Lopez. He's the killer."

"Who's Joe Cooper...?" Ella frowned slightly as she looked between Chloe and Lucifer.

"Uh..." Chloe mumbled to herself, fiddling with her fingers.

"If you don't believe me then you could continue with your DNA tests but let me tell you it would be a complete waste of time." Lucifer said.

"But how?"

"Because I'm literally God." He grinned.

"Ah, right." Ella rolled her eyes and went along with his 'metaphor'. "What happened to being the Devil?"

"Things change, celestial beings evolve." He smiled at Ella, and then leaning closer to Chloe, he whispered to her. "Detective, since now the case is solved, would you join me for a celebration date tonight?"

"Sure." Chloe agreed.

*****

CHLOE'S APARTMENT

Chloe turned the lights off as she tucked Beatrix into bed. "Mommy, can you read me a bedtime story?" Trixie asked, holding Miss Alien in her arms.

"I'm sorry monkey but I'm busy tonight." Chloe said as she set the alarm clock to 8 o'clock in the morning because Trixie has school tomorrow.

"Where are you going?" The little girl questioned.

"Well, I'm going out with Lucifer for dinner." She replied.

"Ooh. Like a date?" Trixie giggled.

Chloe only smiled at her response. She loves her daughter's absolute cuteness and innocence. She gave her a kiss before leaving the room. "Love you Trix."

"Love you mom. Goodnight." Ah