It Was All Just a Dream

AT LUX

Taking another bottle of Scotch from the shelf, he walked over and laid down on the sofa. Ella was laughing drunkenly as she had already drank a few glasses of wine. He smiled at the scene. Unfortunately, celestials cannot experience such bliss. "... How are you not drunk yet?" She mumbled sleepily.

"Blame that on supernatural metabolism," He said, smirking as he continued drinking.

The light was dim and the penthouse was empty. Apparently the detective already went home. He supposed it was for the greater good- the further she was away from him the better. He didn't want her to be caught in the middle of celestial mess.

Drowning in a pool of his own thoughts, he unknowingly finished the bottle in his hand. He shut his eyes and waved his hand, and suddenly the empty bottle flew into mid-air, slowly floating towards the shelf. The bottle shook ever so slightly as it floated but finally landed on its spot on the shelf. He smirked as he opened his eyes.

"Ooooh, cool! You have levitation powers too?" Her eyes blinked rapidly. Never in her life did she think she would ever say such a weirdly twisted sentence as this.

"Still working on it," he grinned. "Do you want me to show you something?" He said, smirking.

"Surreee," She replied, slurring. He waved his hands once more and suddenly a ring box floated from his bedroom. It landed on his hands after a few seconds and he opened it. The ring shined as bright as the stars he created. She gasped. "Is that...?"

"Yup," he muttered softly. "The proposal ring."

"It's... beautiful," She gazed at the other-worldly diamond on the ring. He then closed the box and sighed. "Yeah, well, guess I won't be needing that anymore." He put that back in his pocket.

"I always believed in God and Angels and stuff, but I never imagined I'd actually meet them." She said, switching her position on the sofa. "Being drunk on the sofa was definitely not the first idea of how I'd meet... well, you."

He chuckled. "I believe you met my Father once already, didn't you? He came down to Earth when Amenadiel accidentally stopped time and Michael caused a Hell of a mess."

"Oh God," She muttered. She hadn't considered that. ...Wait, doesn't that mean Charlotte is the Goddess of the Universe?

"Yup," he replied, humming. "I hate to admit it but Detective Douche was certainly good at picking women."

"Oh, right." She licked her lips. "Now since you're, well... the Big Guy, so how is Dan doing up there? Swimming in a pool of chocolate pudding I presume? " She smirked.

His face dropped at the topic. "Unfortunately, he didn't make it up there... I tried to boost him up but apparently he has to work through his guilt to enter Heaven," he stated. "Even if I do that, his guilt would consume him and immediately turn him into ashes the second he steps through the gates."

He sighed. "I just came to check on him before I arrived back on Earth, and I already ordered the demons not to torture him, but you know... it's still Hell."

She sighed as well. Poor Dan. She set down the glass on a table and closed her eyes. Few seconds later, her hands limped at her sides as she drifted to sleep. Lucifer smirked as he put a blanket on her and went towards his room. His fingers types away on his cellphone.

Maze, you busy? -Morningstar

Well duh, obviously, can't you people check the online status? First Decker, now you- gosh 🙄 -Mazikeen