Shadow of the Light Bringer

Author's Note

Hiii!! Do you guys like the fanfic so far? Suggestions and comments are highly appreciated ❤️ I thought it would be kind of nice if Michael redeemed himself in S6, so he's going to make a reappearance this chapter. Enjoy!

***

Lucifer stood there, gritting his teeth. Never had he ever wanted to kill his twin more than now. The pent-up anger consumed him, and Michael couldn't help but shudder. And yes, he might not have feared having a hell-forged demon blade held to his throat, but a full-blown furious celestial twin brother?

That is a whole other level of fear.

Luce glared at him. He could revive humans and bring their soul back to earth, but this weapon was unordinary- it could completely wipe a person out of existence. As Michael plunged Azrael's blade into the detective's heart, there might not even be her soul to save now.

... So if she really has gone too far, he couldn't even drag her soul back down to Earth, it would be as if her soul and very existence had disappeared.

She might disappear from the surface of the universe and be completely erased from existence, with no way for him to bring her back.

He tried not to think about it. His eyes continued flickering between red and dark orange, bringing a whole new definition to the meaning of anger. Beatrix whimpered beside her mother's unconscious body, constantly telling her to wake up. And her reaction broke him as well.

Michael looked at the scene, amused. He was freaking amused. The Archangel knew that this would happen anyway, and he stood there ready for his punishment. Beside all the fear in he behold, he felt slightly happy-Bloody happy.

Because for once in his immortal life, he had beat his brother. A small smirk crept up to his face as he thought about it. Guess Samael isn't all so strong and almighty now, isn't he?

Unaware that his brother was able to read thoughts, the Archangel continued smirking. "So that's what you're thinking about?" Luce asked, scoffing. "You may succeed this time, but don't worry, Mr. Big Plans Himself- There's still all of eternity for me to beat you." He said in a threatening tone.

Michael was taken aback. He stepped backwards, tripping and then falling to the ground. His body slumped against the wall. He gulped. He expected to be fist-punched, forced down to Hell or maybe even get smite out of existence.

Been there, done that.

... But no. Instead Lucifer flung a finger at him, and he went plummeting through the wall, the force sweeping him from his feet, sending him flying out of the house from his brother's effortless fling, leaving a broken hole on the wall. It wasn't even a punch- it was a mere fling.

[He deserved it.]

And even that caused Michael to already groan in pain and made him feel as if some of his bones has cracked. Holy crap- it was a fling! Just a fling from Lucifer's index finger sent him flying through the brick wall, covered in bruises as he landed harshly on the pavement outside.

Michael's brain couldn't just comprehend his brother's sudden display of power. He blinked once or twice. A punch to the face would have sent Michael going straight to his death. "What in the world-"