Lux is Falling Down

6 days later...

Before Lucifer came back to Earth he decided to pop into Hell to make a visit. He unfurled his wings and after flying for what seemed to be a minute, he arrived before the gates of Hell. The scene was as gloomy and depressing as he remembers.

There was ash falling down from the sky, and those eerie doors that lead to different guilt-ridden hell loops. He opened a door and as he stepped inside, the precinct came into view- only much more empty and discarded. He walked down the stairs to find Daniel playing ping-pong along with a random demon.

"Hey Lucifer!" Dan put down the racket and immediately walked towards him. "Please tell me you figured out how to boost me up to heaven, this guy is terrible at ping-pong." He pointed at his opponent.

"I'm deeply sorry Detective Douche, no other demons are currently available except him." Lucifer said with sympathy. "I played with him before. A disappointing 10-0."

"Can you stop with the nickname now? It's already bad enough that I'm probably gonna be stuck in Hell until the end of time." Dan said, walking over to sit on the staircase.

"Look, I'm truly sorry Daniel. I tried to help, but I guess the only way you could get into Heaven is to break free from your own guilt." He said. "At least you're not trapped in a hell loop."

Dan chuckled dryly. "I'm friends with an Angel, a demon and you, who by the way is literally God now, but even you guys can't help me." Daniel shook his head, sighing. "I guess there's no hope for me now. I'm stuck here forever!" He said exasperated.

"I'll keep on trying to find ways, but in the meantime, it seems so." He sighed as well.

*****

Lucifer finally arrived back to Earth, landing on the balcony of Lux. He folded his wings, waking towards the bar for a drink. It was utterly exhausting for the past 6 days, getting chased with questions by his siblings and getting a glimpse of the system over there- for once he actually had some sympathy for his Dad.

He walked to his bedroom, feeling the warmth of his blankets as he jumped into bed. He sighed happily for a while, until his thoughts and gaze suddenly went towards the proposal ring lying there on the table beside his bed. It shined as brightly as the stars he created, and he picked it up, holding it in his fists.

He then threw it across the room once more, screaming. I'm an idiot, he thought to himself, leaning his body onto the hard brick wall. He clenched his fists, gritting his teeth as he punched his bed. It immediately cracked into two pieces in one punch, the cotton oozing out of the pillow.

For once he actually felt a sense of relief. So he continued to break everything in the room without any ounce of energy. The closet was broken, the mirror was shattered, even the floor had cracks in it. And he yelled and yelled, shouting in a language no one on Earth could understand, presumably Lilim.

Just then the elevator door opened again. Of course it's her... "Detective what on Earth are you doing here?"

Chloe's eyes widen as she immediately dropped everything and rushed to him. "what-" She shushed him as she pulled him into a hug as he stiffened. "You've been gone for almost a week." She muttered softly.

"Well, I had Heavenly duties to attend to." He said, pushing himself away from her. Clearing his throat, he took a step backwards.

"What happened over here?" She asked, glancing at the broken and shattered items in the penthouse.

"Uh, nothing..."

"Lucifer..." She called as she put her hands gently on his shoulder.

"Detective, don't take another step near me." He said abruptly, waving a finger at her. His eyes glistened with fear, but mostly pain. "Go away."

She took another step towards him, against his words. "GO AWAY!" He shouted, his voice echoing throughout Lux. He took a deep breath, and then two white feathery wings sprouted from his back.

The ground started to shake violently, almost making her dizzy. The roof started to crumble slightly, almost as if a earthquake were happening right at that moment. The floor and brick wall started cracking even more now, but Chloe stood her ground.

"Detective, I'm serious, you have to go. I'm dangerous." His eyes flickered from dark brown to pure red.

"No," She insisted, her stubbornness and determination got the best of her.

"I said GO AWAY!" He boomed. His wings flapped, and and then a sudden whoosh of air appeared and swept Chloe from her feet. She dropped to the ground, her head hitting the broken closet. Blood trickled from her head as she groaned. It wasn't a heavy head injury, but her head still spun.

He looked at the detective, eyes widen in fear. The hellfire in his eyes vanished, turning back to dark brown. He already warned her, but she didn't listen. He stepped backwards, mumbling to himself as he looked in horror of his actions. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He muttered repeatedly, and with a flap, he vanished from the penthouse.

Chloe tried to stand up, but everything around her was blur and the room spun like crazy. So letting out a soft groan, Chloe decided to text Linda.

Hey Linda, if you're free can you come to Lux? I need some help over here. -Chloe Decker

A few minutes passed by and the psychiatrist finally arrived. "Hey Chloe where are you?" She called, almost getting lost at looking all the rooms in the penthouse.

"Over here."

She followed the sound towards Lucifer's bedroom, only to find Chloe laying on the floor, slight of blood dripping from her head. Linda immediately rushed to her side, checking the injury. "Oh my gosh... Chloe what happened!?"

"Lucifer's emotions sort of... almost triggered an earthquake."  She smiled wryly. "But it's not... his fault."

"Uh can you stand up by your own?" Linda asked.

"Yeah, but the room is spinning..."

"Okay, just hold on. I'll find the first aid kit." She said, then went to find it.

Chloe sighed. She hopes that Lucifer is okay.

*****

After leaving Lux, Lucifer walked around the street aimlessly, deep in thought, and somehow ended up in front of a church. He looked up at the cross of the church and continued standing in front of the door, not moving an inch. Church, Lucifer had mixed feelings at the thought of it.

He hadn't been to a church for a long time. The last three times he been in a church, a dying priest was in his arms, he killed his brother, and Charlie got kidnapped. He stared at the door and he shivered as the memories played through his mind. The fall, the banishment...

"Hey Lucifer!" A familiar voice called to him, snapping him out of his thoughts.

He turned around to find Ella standing behind him, her hair tied up in a ponytail, wearing a light pink t-shirt with the words ~Enjoy Life~ written on it in rainbow glitter. His eyes widen. "... Miss Lopez?"