The Beginning of The End

Lucifer sat on the throne of Heaven, glancing down at the world his father created. It was so soft, like clouds- but even more fluffier than that. He was so high above the sky. He sighed. He realised how hard the job could be- he understood his father much more along his time in Silver City.

He had to sacrifice so much to help the many- and it wasn't an easy decision to make. Even though the idea of God was to be omnipotent and all-knowing, he admit that he couldn't possibly acknowledge everything and as human grew more and more attached to free will, it only got much more harder.

As he sat there deep in thought, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to find Chloe Decker smiling at him. His detective. He shot a smile back, a special smile which was reserved to her and her only. And suddenly as he blinked his eye once more, the image of her disappearing and replaced with her crying.

She was sobbing on the sofa as she buried her head into her hands. "I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot." She repeated, murmuring to herself, chocking on her own words. Her cries broke him deeply and he desperately wanted to help her. She turned on the television and blasted through several seasons in one whole night...

And he was watching the whole time.

"I'm here," He muttered softly, going forward to sit on the sofa along with her but she didn't seem to acknowledge his presence. He reached his hand forward, wanting to comfort her but then suddenly she disappeared from his view and the sofa disappeared all together.

In another blink of an eye, he was back on his throne. Reality hit like a moving truck as his heart shattered into pieces. Tears streamed down his cheek as his hand still reached out in mid-air. This wasn't his intention. He thought it was best for her- the last he wanted was to hurt her.

He tried to stop the tears from flowing but he couldn't help it. She was crying. He made her cry. And the realisation just made it all worse. He had hurt Chloe.

"I need you," Chloe's soft voice suddenly appeared from nowhere. "If you can hear this, I-I love you, Lucifer... I didn't mean to... Just please come back... I'll explain everything to you, I promise..." Her voice was sore and sobs were caught between sentences. "I love you..."

And that was all it took for Lucifer to stop crying. He drew a deep breath as he unfurled his fluffy wings. He needed to make things right.

Because she needed him...

And he needed her.

*****

THE PRECINCT

Ella stood there as frozen as a statue as Carol explained the case to her. As Chloe had taken a sick leave, he had to fill in on the case.
The case was about a dead businessman... or something of the sort. She didn't quite catch everything on the case like she normally does, as there was something heavier on her mind.

"Hey, Ella, you doing okay?" Carol asked suddenly as he noticed her eyes gazing off elsewhere. Concern filled his eyes as she shook her head abruptly.

"Yeah, a hundred-percent." She plastered on a smile across her face. "Why?" She said casually. Great job Ella, now you're lying to your boyfriend. She thought as she shifted uncomfortably.

"Remember the name Michael. 'Kay, Ella? Mi-" She remembered Daniel's supposed last words before she left... at least, if it hadn't all just been a dream in the first place.