Chapter-13

"It's been four days, you said only two."

She looked at the last text she sent him, he didn't reply. The angry part of her wanted to block his number but every time she did it, she ended up unblocking it a minute later in case he replied but he didn't.

After trying to call him multiple times only for the call to not connect, she stopped trying.

"Bhaijaan? Do you know where he is?" Ariha asked Ayaan, who came back with Zara just two days ago.

"Kitni baar bataun? mujhe nahi pata, Bhaijaan kabhi kuch batate hain kya?" He sighed.
(How many times should I tell you? I don't know. When does he ever tell anyone?)

"But he should be responsible now." She murmured.

"Why didn't you ask him when he was leaving?" He asked.

"I forgot, I was so happy that Khadijah was leaving and I didn't remember I was supposed to ask him where he was going." She sat down sadly, heaving a sigh.

"Stupid."

"Bhabhi hain hum tumhari, tameez se baat karo." She scolded, leaving from there.
(I'm your sister-in-law, talk to me with respect)

"If he answers the call, I'll tell you." He yelled after her.

Kicking her room's door shut, she lay down on the bed lazily, Mau jumped on her stomach, purring as her hands reached to stroke his back.

"I hate your Abbu." She whispered.

She put him down on the bed after he fell asleep on her stomach, even her books and paintbrushes didn't seem to catch her attention.

Getting tired of the restless feeling, she got up and walked to Aidah's room.

"Aap log mere bina hi enjoy kar rahe the?" Ariha asked, spotting Zara already present in the room while they had popcorn.
(You people were enjoying without me?)

"Ariha? I thought you were sleeping, I came to your room but you didn't answer." Zara frowned, "Come here."

She patted the bed, making space for Ariha in the middle, she quickly jumped on the bed and took a seat.

"What were you doing?" She asked.

"Trying to watch a movie, itni der se select hi nahi kar paa rahe toh end me we just started having the popcorn." Aidah shrugged.
(Trying to watch a movie, we couldn't select one so in the end, we just started having the popcorn!)

"Did you talk to Raza bhaijaan?" She asked.

"I uh, now that you're you should select a movie!" Aidah exclaimed, handing over the remote to Ariha.

"Topic change na karein, humne aapka number dia tha unko, message aaya?" She asked.
(Don't change the topic, I shared your number with him, did he message you?)

"Ariha!"

"Appi! It's serious, I've already started calling him jiju!" Ariha sat up straighter, leaning forward to snatch the phone from her hands but she pulled her hand back.

"Ariha, stop!"

"Appi, haath pakdein zara inke." Ariha said to Zara, who quickly followed her orders, holding Aidah's hands while Ariha snatched the phone.
(Appi, hold her hands.)

"Zara! Ariha! I won't spare you both!" Aidah yelled as Ariha unlocked her phone.

She tapped a few times, her expression turning from excitement to a frown.

"Ye kya bakwaas hai? Ye alag alag language me hi hello kar rahein hai aap bass?" Ariha asked disappointedly.
(What is this nonsense? You're just sharing greetings in different languages?)

"What? Show me!" Zara left Aidah, moving towards Ariha as she peeped into the phone.

Aidah quickly snatched her phone but not before smacking their heads one by one.

"Besharam."
(Shameless.)

"Kitne unromantic ho aap." Ariha tsked.
(You're so unromantic.)

"Get out of my room!" She pointed at the door.

"Appi-"

"Now." She raised her voice.

Ariha picked up the bowl of popcorn, getting up from the bed as she got scared of the teacher that came out of Aidah but she was quick to snatch the bowl from her as she kicked both Zara and Ariha out.

"Zara, where are my reading glasses?" They heard Ayaan's voice, shaking her head, she bid bye to Ariha.

~

It was late at night when Zaviyar entered their room, seeing her not present in the hall with everyone, he quickly greeted his parents and walked to his room.

All her thoughts of staying angry with him flew away as she looked at him.

Throwing the book she was reading aside, she got off the bed, jumped on him and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

A groan left his mouth as he hugged her back, "I missed you." He breathed, bending down so she could stand properly.

"Humne bhi aapko boht miss kiya." She whispered, leaving a kiss on his neck as she broke the hug.
(I missed you alot too.)

"Had your dinner?" He asked.

"Haan." She looked down, "Humara bilkul bhi man nahi tha lekin bhook lag rahi thi, toh humne kha liya."
(Yes) (I didn't want to but I was hungry, so I had it.)

"Good, wait for me while I freshen up?" He asked.

"Jaldi aana!" She replied, sitting on the bed.
(Come back faster)

Poking Mau to wake him up, she bent down, but the stubborn cat was too deep in his sleep. She turned him around but he just acted dead.

"Uth jao nikammi aulaad, Abbu itne din baad wapas aaye tumhare, mil toh lo unse." She murmured in distaste since the cat refused to wake up.
(Wake up you useless child, your dad came back after so many days, atleast meet him.)

Huffing out a breath, she went back to her bed, waiting for Zaviyar.

She was tapping her foot impatiently when she heard the sound of something falling in the bathroom.

Quickly rushing towards the bathroom, she knocked on the door, "Aap theek hain na? Ye awaaz kaisi thi?" She asked.
(You're fine, right? What was this sound?)

"I'm fine." He replied.

"Okay." She nodded, leaning on the door when it pushed open.

She went to close the door when her eyes landed on him, widening as she took in the sight infront of her.

"Ya Allah, ye..ye-" She stuttered, stepping back.

He wore his shirt again quickly, looking at her, "Ariha-"

"Kahan gaye the aap?" She asked.
(Where did you go?)

"Calm down-"

"No, no." She shook her head, "You lied to me!" She accused, closing the door as she tried to calm her erratic heartbeat.

"Ariha, listen to me please-"

"No, You lied, you're a liar! I was so worried and you...no." She kept shaking her head in denial as she turned to leave the room.

+++