Chapter-1

Loud echoes of two feet running were heard before the door was slammed open, her chest heaved up and down as she tried to catch her breath,

"Bhaii.." She started breathlessly.

"Are you okay?" Zaviyar looked at his sister, breathing heavily all while trying to say something eagerly, pouring a glass of water for her, he gestured for her to come closer.

"Aap yahan files sign karte reh jayenge aur wahan ammi Bhabi ko meri Sautan bana dengi!" She told him, snatching the glass to take a big sip of much-needed wetness in her throat.
(You'll be busy in signing these files and mom will make my sister-in-law the other woman for me!)

"Kya?"
(What?)

"Wo..wo mera matlab.." Zara fumbled with her words, feeling an intense glare on her face, she knew he was studying her expressions.
(Uh..uh, I mean...)

"Are you-"

"Wo sab chodein na bhaijaan," She smiled nervously, taking a seat on the bed, "Wahan Ammi aur chachi Ariha ke rishte ki baat kar rahin hain!" She dropped the bomb on him.
(Leave all that) (Mom and Aunt are talking about Ariha's alliance!)

"Toh..?" He asked after a minute of silence.
(And?)

"Toh? Toh se kya matlab hai aapka? Wahan aapki dulhan koi aur le jaa raha hai aur aap shant baithe hain?" She asked in disbelief. More than her brother, she was worried for herself.
(And? What do you mean by and? Someone is about to make your bride his and you're calm?)

"I'm sleepy." He shrugged her off, "Get out."

"Bhai?" She shook her head disapprovingly.

"What do you expect me to do? Profess my love out of nowhere? She would never look at me like I do, Whoever he is, he's probably better for her." He replied, getting off the bed and walking to the balcony attached to his room.

Zara followed him quickly, "You never even tried to tell her your feelings!" She argued.

"She's young."

"Aap toh buddhe ho rahe ho par!" She almost yelled.
(But you're getting old!)

"Zara."

"Try to kar ke dekhein." She let out a defeated sigh, "for me atleast if not for yourself." She murmured, walking out of the room.
(Try atleast.)

Trying was not a problem, the fear of losing whatever communication they had between them was. He was aware of the huge age gap between them, their very opposite natures, he knew she saw him as nothing but an older brother she didn't have.

Zara although was very worried, worried if Ariha said yes, She was aware of Zaviyar's feelings, and it wasn't hard to notice her brother's longing gaze every time Ariha talked.

She quickly walked to her next stop, opening and closing the door hurriedly, "Bewakoof aadmi!" She yelled, shaking the sleeping figure on the bed.
(Stupid man)

"Ammi.." He groaned in sleep.

"Tumhari Ammi tumhari baraat sajane ke sapne dekh rahi hain!" Zara grumbled, sprinkling water on his face.
(You mom is planning your marriage!)

"Zara?"

"Yahan tum ghode bech kar so rahe ho aur tumhari Ammi udhar-"
(You're sleeping peacefully here and there, your mom-)

"Chillao to mat." He pulled his hair.
(Don't yell atleast)

"Chillao mat? Chillao mat keh rahe ho? Ammi se nikah ki baat karne ko to chale gaye, kissey karna hai ye nahi bol kar aaye?" She asked incredulously.