Chapter-2

Ariha bit her nails in nervousness as she watched a full blown discussion happening in the living room, Ayaan and Zara being the topic of the said discussion.

"Agle mahine ke end me rakhte hain fir?" She heard her Taya-abbu say.
(Let's fix the date at the end of next month?)

"Baba..Rukhsati?" Ayaan asked impatiently.

"Wo agle saal." His father replied, patting his head.
(Next year.)

"What?" Both the lovers asked at the same time, looking horrified at the idea of 1 year gap.

Zaviyar who was the only one among the elders along with Zara and Ayaan, finally opened his mouth, "I think we're rushing everything." Zara looked at her brother, feeling betrayed with his words.

"Haina, hum to keh rahe hain pehle Zavi Bhaijaan ki shadi kardein! Umar badhti jaa rahi hai! Thode khadoos bhi kam ho jayenge." Ariha spoke before she could stop herself, jumping out from behind the wall.
(Right, I'm saying this from the start, let's get Zaviyar bhaijaan married first, He's getting older! He'll get a little less rude too)

"Ek kaam kyun nahi karte hum Ariha, tumhe itni fikar ho rahi hain, Kyun na hum tumhare liye Zavi ka haath mang lein?" Her mother smiled at her sarcastically.
(Let's do one thing Ariha, since you're so worried about it, why don't we ask Zaviyar's hand for you?)

"Sachi? kitna kama lete hain aap bhaijaan?" Ariha asked him excitedly, taking a seat between the little space Zara and Zaviyar had between them. Her little body squishing between them both.
(Really? How much do you earn bro?)

Zaviyar cleared his throat, getting up from the sofa and leaving the room.

"Lagta hai nikah ki baat se sharma gaye bhaijaan." Ariha giggled watching him leave the house, "Humne konsa haan keh diya, bhai ko bolein fikr na karein, unke liye koi hoor dhoondenge hum!"

(I think he got shy with all the wedding talks) (like I said yes, tell him not to worry, we'll find a beautiful girl for him)

"Tum thoda kam bola karo!" Her mother twisted her ear while her father tried to free his daughter. (Keep your tongue in control)

"Aah, lag rahi hai Ammi." She cried, "hum adopted hain isliye aisa karti hain na aap?" She accused.
(Ahh, it hurts mom) (is it because I'm adopted?)

"Chup kar badmash!" That statement earned her a smack behind the ears, making her run away from their to her Aidah Api, who was waiting for the gossip. (Shut up, troublemaker)

Ariha was adopted but that fact wasn't hidden from her from the very start, instead of getting to know the truth from some outsider, the family decided to tell her on their own.

After losing three babies due to miscarriage, her parents decided to adopt the little girl, who caught their attention with her charming smile the moment they saw her, and now, here she was after twenty-one years, happy and healthy.

"Ayaan bhaijaan or Zara api ka nikah hai agle mahine! Humne to soch lia hume kya kya lena hai and you know what-"
(It's Ayaan bhaijaan and Zara api's wedding next month, I've already decided what to buy and you know what-)

"Break laga lo Ariha, humne sab suna." Aidah told her.
(Take a break, I heard everything too)

Ariha pouted, all her excitement to share the news went to vain, "Jaayein aap, hum kisi aur se baat kar lenge!" She left the room grumpily.
(I'll talk to someone else, huh)

"Bhaiiijaaannnn.." Ariha sang as she hopped out of the house, looking for Zaviyar but he wasn't anywhere in sight.

Abhi to yahin the..
(He was just here...)