Chapter-4

Everyone sits at the dining table after having lunch, discussing about the two marriages in the house.

"Hum toh keh rahe hain ki Aidah appi ka bhi nikah karwa dein, wo humare Maths wale professor hain na, wo jo abbu ke dost ke bhai ke bete hain? Kya naam tha? Raza?" She asked, turning to her dad.

(What I'm saying is, Get Aidah appi married too, remember my Maths professor, Abbu's friend's brother's son? What was hiw name? Raza?)

"Hmm, acha ladka hai, kaho to baat karein?" Ali asked Azlan, Aidah's father.
(Hmm, nice guy, I can talk if you want to?)

"Hmm, Aidah is also in teaching profession , they'll get along well." Aidah's mother, Anabia agreed.

"Ammi!" Aidah groaned, her cheeks turning red at the discussion, ofcourse she had seen Raza, she had known him since he was her professor once too.

"Umar ho rahi hai tumhari bhi." Her mother replied. (You're getting old too)

Ayaan was teasing his sister when Zaviyar walked in, Mau immediately jumped out of Ariha's arms, hopping towards Zaviyar.

"Bewafa." She mumbled. (Disloyal)

Ariha watched as his mother poured him a glass of water, drinking which he started to leave to his room.

"Zavi jaan!" Ariha called him loudly, making Ayaan, who was eating the leftover salad choke.

A hard smack was heard as Ariha's mother hit her head, "Aahh, ammii!"

"Besharam! Aise bulate Hain bade bhai ko?" She asked.
(Shameless, this is how you call your elder brother?)

"Haww, aapne hi to kaha tha ki wo humare bhai nahi hain, ab practice hi toh kar rahe the hum." She cried, rubbing her head.
(But you said yourself that he's not my brother anymore, I'm just practising!)

"Befazool ki baatein na karo, jaao apne kamre me." She pointed towards her room.
(Stop saying useless things, go to your room)

Zaviyar who was standing there with shock covering his features, shook his head as he continued to walk towards his room. Ariha quickly ran after him.

He raised a brow, watching her standing outside his room just when he was about to close the door.

"Andar aa jayein hum?" She asked. (Can I come in?)

"Yahin bol do." He replied but she walked in anyways so he left the door wide open, watching her sit on his bed. (What is it?)

"Hmm, hume Naya TV chahiye, ye wala thoda chota hai aur haan, wo jo spring wala mattress hota hai na wo bhi." She said, jumping on the bed to test, "Baaki toh theek hai."
(Hmm, I want a new tv, this one is a little small and yes, you know that spring mattress? That too. Rest is fine)

"Hello?"

"Hii." She replied, picking up Mau from near his feet, caressing his little body, "Aur haan, Mau ke liye thodi jagah bana dena." She added.
(And yes, make some space for Mau too)

"Ariha."

"Ab aap to hume propose karne nahi waale toh humne seedha aapki ammi ko propose kar diya, itni achi biwi mil rahi hai, aapko to khush hona chahiye, lekin aapko dekho." She shook her head disappointedly.

(Now you're not going to propose to me so I proposed to your mom directly, you're getting such a good wife, you should be happy but look at you)

"What are you talking about?"

"Ab jyada nakhre na karein, hume pata hai aapko pata hai, ghar me chaar din se humare nikah ki baat ho rahi hai. Hum na uss khadijah ko bilkul nahi bulayenge, usko dekh kar humara dimaag khraab hota hai aur na hi Sana ko-"