Chapter-5

"Ayaan ke bacche, neeche utaaro hume." Ariha yelled, closing her eyes tightly.
(Ayaan you idiot, help me come down)

Her arms were wrapped around the tree in a safe grip as she sat on the tree's branch, hugging the tree in case she fell, getting no response from Ayaan, she looked down, finding no one standing.

"Ayaaaan bhaijaaan." She called loudly.

'Allah, aaj ke baad kabhi bhi ammi ki lipstick nahi churayenge, please bacha lo.' She sent a not-so-silent prayer, holding onto the tree to save her dear life.
(Allah, I'll never steal Ammi's lipstick again, please save me)

Climbing the tree was never her idea but when she accidentally hit the shuttlecock a little too high while playing badminton with Ayaan, she had to.

Climbing the tree wasn't their first try, no, the badminton racket and her chappal was already stuck in the tree before Ayaan coaxed her into climbing the tree, making her believe that her short self and lesser weight would be the safer option.

She knew how to climb a tree but what she didn't know was how to get down, hence the calls for help.

Ayaan left as soon as he saw Zaviyar's car in the driveway, leaving her on the tree all alone.

"Zara appi, koi haiiii?" Ariha yelled loudly, her leg brushing with the branch, making her leg all bruised.
(Zara Appi, is someone there?)

Hearing her voice, Zaviyar stopped himself from walking inside the house, looking at the garden in search of her.

He looked around but found no one until her chappal fell from the tree.

Rushing near the tree, he looked up, "Ariha?" He called, "What in the hell are you doing up there?" He asked, getting worried.

She opened her eyes to look at him, a scowl was present on his face, she couldn't look into his eyes, they were covered with sunglasses.

"Bhaijaan itne handsome kabse ho gaye?" She thought before smacking herself for thinking like that, leaving her hold on the tree. (When did he became so handsome?)

A shriek left her mouth as she held the tree again.

"Get down, this instant." He ordered.

"I can't!" She replied.

"Ariha. Get down."

"Arey kaise utrein? Hume nahi aata na!" She whined in frustration, "Agar utar pate to aise langoor ki tarah na latke hote." She whispered under her breath.
(How do I get down? I don't know how to!) (If I did, I wouldn't be sticking to the tree like a monkey)

"Then why did you go up there?" He asked, getting annoyed, he could already feel the bruises on her legs and arms from the rough branches of the tree.

"Woh-"

"Don't explain. Wait." He interrupted, knowing about her habit of talking with her hands as much as she talked with her mouth.

"Help karein na meri." She pleaded, looking down at him. (Help me!)

Taking off his sunglasses, he hooked them in his shirt, "Jump on the count of three, and I'll catch you." He said, standing below her.

"Kya? Nahi, hum gir gaye toh? Haddiyan toot jaani hai aur fracture ke saath konsi dulhan dekhi hai aapne? Nahi nahi, sab humara mazaak udayenge." She shook her head.

(What? No, what if I fell? I'll break my bones and have you seen any bride with a fracture? No no, everyone will make fun of me!)

"You won't fall Ariha, let go of the tree and jump, I'll catch you." He sighed.