Chapter-10

She served herself lunch after controlling herself for hours to not go out of the room but her growling stomach didn't help much.

"Ohh, Ariha, actually mujhe kaam tha tumse kuch." Khadijah walked into her room without knocking, "I can never eat that much food at once." She commented, looking at her plate.
(Ohh Ariha, actually i wanted to ask you about something)

"Tumse koi keh bhi nahi raha hai khane ko." Ariha replied, covering her plate with another the way she brought it to her room, "Aur aage se bina knock kiye humare kamre me na aana."
(No one's asking you to eat.) (And don't enter my room without knocking next time.)

"You're so rude for no reason, I was just-"

"I didn't ask, what do you want?"

She didn't reply, looking around the room in awe, she didn't waste a chance to make a face seeing Mau in the corner of the room. Noticing Zaviyar's kurta from last night lying on a chair, she picked it up, "Is this Zaviyar's? I've heard these are quite comfortable to sleep in...I'm taking this with me-"

"No, you're not." Ariha smiled, taking the piece of cloth out of her hands, "bazaar me kaafi dukaane hain, apni ammi ko kehna dila dengi, aur bhai hain wo tumhare, unka naam na lo."
(There are plenty of shops in the market, ask you mom to get you one and he's your brother, don't call him by his name.)

"Jeez, anyways, I wanted Zavi's number-"

"Bhai."

"Well...there's still a chance that we'll get married-"

"Khud niklogi yahan se ya fir dhakka maar kar nikaalein? Expert hain hum usme." Ariha interrupted.
(Are you going to get out yourself or should I kick you out? I'm quite expert in doing that.)

"I thought I'll give you another chance but you're still that battameez Ariha, who doesn't know how to respect her elders, I don't know how everyone tolerates you." Khadijah spat, leaving the room.

Rolling her eyes, she locked the room, getting back to her food.

"Mau? Pee on her whenever she comes around!" She said to her son, who was eating his food from his bowl, "Hume battameez keh kar gayi woh? Usko bataya na hum kitne battameez hain, apna bag utha kar wapas chale jayegi!" She said furiously, gulping down her food in anger.

(She called me rude? If I told her how rude I am, she'll run away from here)

She stayed in the room for the rest of the day, either painting, using Mau as her new model or reading the book her mother loved to call 'wahiyat'

Dropping everything, she started getting ready for the dinner Zaviyar promised as soon as the clock ticked 6.

After changing three outfits, she was finally satisfied, moving on to making her face a little presentable. Halfway through her make-up, she heard loud knocks on her door.

"Mau, gate khol kar aao zara!" She ordered, adorning her eyes with kohl.
(Mau, go open the gate)

Mau looked at her cluelessly, licking his paw clean, she tsked, getting up to open the door.

"Kaun hai?" She asked before opening the door. (Who is it?)

"What happened to you? I haven't seen you since morning." Aidah asked, patting her unruly hair.

"Lambi story hai par aap aa hi gaye ho toh liner laga dein!" Ariha pulled her in, closing the door yet again, "Ye lein." She handed her the liner, taking a seat on the chair.
(It's a long story but now that you're here, help me with my eyeliner) (here)