7

Ever since The Shield split up, and Dean left, Reigns started to act different. You were currently the SmackDown Women's Champion. You've held the title for a little over 6 months now, having to defend it 24/7, while Reigns was Universal Champion. You were still assigned to Reigns, you accompanied him to the ring as he did the same for you. A lot of things changed with how the shows were streamed, due to covid taking over the world. Fans were on screens instead of in person, which kind of sucked but it was the safest option.

You and Reigns were also newly weds. You've been married for about 7-8 months, and you truly couldn't be happier. You enjoyed spending time with him and his cousins.

We stopped moving from town to town for the time being, so all shows were done in the same spot, to prevent people from getting sick. A lot has happened between Roman and his cousins, Jimmy and Jey Uso. Along with Edge going after Reigns, but tonight was the night Reigns was scheduled to make an appearance on Smackdown, to speak on why he wasn't present last week.

July 9th, 2021

I was backstage, fixing my belt so it sat comfortably around my waist, as I walked towards the gorilla to go meet up with Paul and Roman. I saw them both standing there and they greeted me. Reigns put his hand on my lower back, "You ready?" he asked with a small smile. I nodded my head and let out a large exhale, "Yep. Lets do this." I smiled. Paul clutched onto the Universal Championship belt, as The Head Of The Table music hit.

Paul opened the curtain for Reigns and I, allowing us to go first. All three of us walked out, and there was a mix of boo's and cheers, but I would say more boo's than anything else. We stopped at the top of the ramp, as Reigns put his hand out, signaling for Paul to give him the belt. I took mine off as he straightened out his belt. Reigns started to lift his up, then I lifted mine up, as Paul silently praised Reigns.

The fireworks went off behind us as the crowd got louder. I lowered my belt as Reigns did the same before he gave it back to Paul. I slung my belt over my shoulder as I walked with Reigns down to the ring. He stopped at the steel steps, putting his hand out, so he could assist me up the steps.

I took his hand and walked up the steps, waiting on the apron, as he walked up. He wouldn't let me go up the stairs on my own, along with not allowing me to get in the ring on my own. Paul held the rope for him as he stepped inside the ring, before he held the rope for me, allowing me to get in. I waited as Paul asked for a microphone and Reigns got close to my ear, as he placed his hand on my lower back.

"You good?" He whispered to me. "Yeah, I'm fine." I responded as he rubbed my back. Once Paul got the microphone, Reigns slowly moved away from me as we stood in position. Reigns looked behind him as the crowd chanted Roman sucks, Paul handed him the microphone, but he paused before he spoke.

"I know a lot of you at home, didn't like the fact that I wasn't present last week. There's a lot about last week that I didn't like either. But if there's one thing that stuck out, there's one thing that I will not stand for...that's a liar-like Edge, coming out here and saying that I fear him. Saying that he's in my head." Roman chuckled as he paused for a moment.

"And I'm an honest man, I am, so I will tell the truth, in our main event Wrestlemania match, for maybe like one moment; and you ask any fighter, ask Brock, they'll all tell you fear can sometimes happen, so for like ten seconds- maybe twenty seconds when he had me in that hold, when that bar was going across my face, there might have been a little doubt, there might have been a little fear..."