056 - ᴅᴇᴀʀ ᴅɪᴀɴᴀ

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。Brenda stepped forwards slowly, looking at the two pale white bodies

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
Brenda stepped forwards slowly, looking at the two pale white bodies. Blood still coming from Diana but now only slowly. She held the cure in her hand, her eyes watering slightly as the two lay curled up in each other arms.

If she was there just seconds earlier she could've saved Newt. Got to Diana fast enough to stop her blessings.

Seconds too late.

Thomas then appeared behind her breathing heavily. "Diana!" He shouted "Newt! We got..." he trailed as he turned around seeing his best friend and his sister.

Jorge and Minho approached not far behind. Minhos heart ached at the sight of Newt and Diana. Jorge went completely silent. He may not have known Diana or Newt for that long but Diana had meant something to Jorge that he couldn't comprehend.

Seeing her frail bony body laying against Newt, made him feel something he had never felt before. An overwhelming sadness and pain. Frypan and Gally then appeared. Catching their breath at the sight.

"Diana," Gally breathed, his voice shaky.

"Newt stabbed her," Brenda pushed out, a tear trickling down her face. Minho and Fry began to step closer while Thomas disappeared.

"Hey look at this," Fry said as he bent down picking up the small necklace Newt insisted Diana on having.

"What is it?" Minho asked slowly. Frypan only shrugged. The group looked back up at each other, with sad cold gazed...

———
The Safe Haven
———

"We have come a long way together. So many have sacrificed so much... to make this place possible. Your friends... your family. So here's to the one who couldn't be here. Here's to the friends we lost. This place is for you. It's for all of us. But this...." Vince pointed behind him to a large stone rock "This is for them. So, in your own time. In your own way... come make your peace. And welcome to the Safe Haven,"

"This is gonna be a good home for us," Minho said to Thomas, after the speech.

"Yeah," he replied quietly. The memory of seeing Newt and Diana flashing through his mind. The two boys say in quietness for a moment before Minho spoke again. "Diana was holding this when she died... figured you should have it," he said handing Thomas the necklace. He studied it for a second, thinking where he had see that.

"Thanks, Minho,"

"See you out there," he finished, walking off leaving Thomas to study the necklace. He noticed a small split in the center. He placed his fingers by it, the necklace twisted before clicking open. Inside sat two yellow stained pieces of paper, he pulled them out slowly. Two to be exact, crumpled and stuffed in the small thing. He opened them slowly reading the messy black handwriting that scribbled out words.

Dear Thomas

This is the first letter I can remember writing. Obviously I don't know if I've written any letters before the Maze. But even if it's not my first, it's likely to be my last. I want you to know that I'm not afraid. About dying anyways or forgetting. It's losing myself to this virus, that's what scares me. So every night I've been saying their names out loud. Alby, Winston, Chuck. And I just repeat them over and over like a prayer. And it all comes flooding back. Just the little things. Like when the sun used to hit the glade at the perfect moment, right before it'd slip beneath the walls. And I remember the taste of Frypans stew. I'd never thought I'd miss that stuff so much. I remember you. I remember you first coming up in the box, just a scared little greenie, who couldn't even remember his own name. But from the moment you ran into the maze, I knew that I would follow you anywhere. And I have. We all have. If I could do it all over again I would, and I wouldn't change a thing. My hope for you is when your looking back, years from now, is that you'll stay the same. The future is in your hands now Tommy, and I know you'll find a way to do what's right, you always have. Take care of everyone for me. And take care of yourself. You deserve to be happy, Thank you for being my friend. Goodbye, Mate

Newt

Thomas eyes began to water heavier, threatening to trickle out at any second before he opened the other one. This one was marked with a name Thomas couldn't of read without his gut aching. Diana. He couldn't bring himself to read it. He couldn't bring himself to open it.

He'll never know what that letter to Diana said. None will know what was written on that letter, only Newt would.

Dear Diana,

It's taken me a week to write this letter. I would've asked you for help but you would've just said that was ridiculous and stupid that I would even think like that. I hadn't known you for a very long but somehow in under your first week you had me completely wrapped around you finger. I sound like a total Shank saying that but it was true. You could've told me to never speak to you again and I would've as long as I got to look at you from a far. When I first told you I liked you. It was lie. At that time I didn't like you. I loved you. By that point I was willing to run off in the Maze with you alone. If it meant I got spend 10 minutes alone with you. Now look, I get to spend every lovin' minute of every lovin' day with you. I don't think you mind.

Now, don't let none else read this. Only you can. If only Chuck was here now, he'd be saying 'I told you so' or 'I knew she liked you' or something along them lines and you'd be telling me this whole thing is the most unmotivated thing I've ever thought of. Maybe I spent too much time hung up of the fact you might not like me at all and not enough on the fact that you did. Or well. I hope you did. Now, who knows maybe you won't even need to read this. Maybe we'll read it together at the Safe Haven with that little family you said you dreamed of.

Suppose all I ever wanted to say to you is how much I loved you. How much you meant to me. Which is stupid, I've only known you a little over a year. How on earth you made me like you so much I don't know. If you are reading this alone, please don't cry. Don't blame yourself for anything. I couldn't blame you, not if I died as the boy you loved.

Blondie

And scribbled at the very very bottom was a small messy heart that was clearly drawn with a messy shaky hand

She will never read this letter, nor see it, or feel it.

Or maybe she would, maybe she lingered in every thought and every wish. Maybe her name lingered in the rock, carved in by Brenda in the evening sun. Maybe her and Newt were off somewhere is the distance sitting on a hill with smiles on their faces.

Because to Thomas, they never really died...

Not when they had each other.
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈