45 - ᴇxᴘʟᴏsɪᴏɴs

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。We pushed through the crowds of people, all walking the opposing way to us

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
We pushed through the crowds of people, all walking the opposing way to us. We had our heads hung low and our feet dragging in the dirt to try and hide our identities.

We weren't meant to be here and we couldn't be seen. We had already struggled our way in, loosing now would be a waste. I had found out that I had gone through... the changing. Due to the scratches on my back from the Cranks claws but clearly I'm immune... meaning I haven't changed.

I haven't told the others yet, scared of their reactions, their questions. They would want to know what life was before the mazes but I wouldn't want to be the one to answer. I couldn't bring myself too.

Whenever I looked at Newt now I could only see the little boy who slept on the bunk opposite me in the labs. The little boy called Sam.

"This place has really gone through hell," Jorge said, knocking me from my rushing thoughts.

"We just gotta stay together-" Thomas said before being interrupted by a loud microphone.

"They hide behind their walls... thinking they can keep the cure for themselves!" A man said loudly as the path began to clear for a large truck that he was on. "While they watch the rest of us wither and rot!"

The car continued past us, on the back of it sat multiple large men in all black and grey outfits with big guns in their hands. They were ominous and had a weary touch to them as they continued past.

I felt a hand wrap around my waist, I glanced up to see Newt watching the trucks go past. I locked my eyes with one of the men, noticing the cover around his face hiding any hint of features.

The man's gaze stayed on me with curiosity before disappearing. I felt a small tingle hover on the back of my neck for a second before it vanished. I deemed most of my odd feelings down to my lack of blood and from where I was hit in the head I was experiencing some odd sensations.

***

We funnelled through a stone cold tunnel, the echos of voices suddenly clearing up into chants. It was some sort of revolution, fight back that the people were doing with their signs and fists in the air.

"That's it," Thomas said turning to the group who had now huddled into a small circle gazing at the city in front of us. "That's our way in," before he ran off in front.

The group was hesitant for a second, taking in the peculiar surroundings. "You all right?" Newt asked looking down at me, motioning to my head. "If you need to rest it's fine,"

"I'm fine, S-" I stopped myself, staring at him blankly for a second before continuing "I'm fine, Newt,"

"...you sure?" He asked unconvinced.

"Yes," I told him firmly before following the group through more crowds now chanting 'Let us in!' Over and over like a broken records.

We continued through the crowds, my hand was holding Newt as he dragged me through the crowd. Mainly to make sure I didn't pass out. "What the hell did we get ourselves into?" Frypan asked over the shouts as me and Newt joined his side.

Newt had a worried look on his face, for many reasons. Worried for me, like he was always. Worried on what was going to happen, what Thomas was thinking.

We stood in the crowd gazing at the tall buildings I had only seen from a mile away but this time they made me feel sick, made me feel violent.

Made me remember every single memory I had put all my effort into trying to forget. Every single one. I felt my head shift slightly to the side. No. I told myself as my vision went wonky. Not again. "Sam," I whispered before a felt two hands on either side of my face, holding it up to see his.

"You all right, okay? Your okay?" He reassured pulling my to his side. I blinked a few times unsure if I had passed out or not. My mind was blank for a second before the situation around us began to occur back to me. I think I was okay. "You okay D?"

"Mhm," I replied straightening myself back out. "I'm fine," I told myself. I grabbed onto his hand "Walk," I ordered.

"Are you sure?" He asked slowly.

"Yes," he began to walk through the crowds as I trailed not far behind him. I noticed to the side of us, directly in line with our steps was some of the men in black and grey.

They can't of been from WICKED or else they would've taken us by now, but they can't be good.. surely? "Oh shit," Newt whispered I looked up at him.

"What?" I asked him, furrowing my brows. He began to quicken his step dragging my towards Thomas and Jorge who were at the very front of the crowd.

"Hey, guys, we gotta go now. Look," he pointed into the distance, the same men in grey and black who I had a bad feeling about had followed us and were pushing through the crowd violently.

"Shit," I whispered as I turned to my side seeing another one making their way over. We were surrounded. Newt pulled me into him looking between the men frantically. Jorge pulled a small pistol from his pocket ready to defend before we were interrupted by the loud sound of metal churning reminding me of the walls from in the maze.

The small sound of power growing bought the chanting crowd to a silence out of anticipation before they began to spread out, away from where we were. We were still for a second before a large explosion blew up in the floor.

Causing the ground to shake under our feet and a cloud of grey smoke sprung into the air. "Go! Go! Go!" Thomas yelled as another one landed directly in front of us.

We ran as fast as we could as the explosions followed us. More and more now on the left and right of us, blowing the previously chanting people into pleaders, laying limped on the ground.
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈