001 - ɪᴍ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。 ゚My eyes were blinded by the sun

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈。 ゚
My eyes were blinded by the sun. It shone through me like I was glass, I squinted and tried to cover the sun with my hand but it was so unbelievably bright.

"It's a girl!" I heard a boy's voice. I jumped back into the corner of the little cage I'd been in for hours,

"A pretty one too!" Another shouted

"Go on Newt get a good look at her!" Another one encouraged. The cage shook as a boy jumped down. Fear ran through me as the boy walked closer.

I moved my hand from my face and saw a small blonde-haired boy towering over me.

'Stay away from me,' is what I tried to say but really it just came out as "sssffffmmmm," which didn't sound very flattering. The boy stuck his hand out to me to help me up. I gave him a look and scrambled onto my feet by myself.

I got to the edge of the cage, and the boys around me whispered and said things I could barely hear. I swung one leg onto the grass and my hand pulled me up.

I stood up realising just how large all these boys were. I looked around to see large walls towering over us forming a square around us. The boys around me about 20 looked at me with big eyes.

I ran. I ran as quickly as I could as far as I could. I was about 500 meters away by the time I was out of breath. I clung to a close tree and realised the boys began to follow.

I climbed the tree as quickly as possible, they couldn't climb up to me, they weighed too much. I was small and light meaning I could crawl higher. They came closer and closer until they gathered around the trunk.

"Come down, Greenie!" One boy shouted

"Yeah pretty girl get down!" Another one

"All of you stop, she'll come down when she wants. Newt stay with her okay? Protect her from these animals," one man ordered. They all immediately followed. The boy from earlier staying at the bottom.

I refused to move. Hours went by and he still stood there shouting up to me every now and then:

"I know your scared but we won't hurt you we promise!" And "If you stay up there any longer you might die of dehydration!" He would shout. After a few more hours I urged down. Snapping a twig off on my way.

I jumped onto the ground and held my stick out as a weapon,

"Your a friendly one aren't you," he smiled and placed his hand on the end of my twig and snapped it. "What's your name?" He asked. Then I realised I had no idea. I shrugged my shoulders but kept my distance "hm?"

"I.." I managed to battle out

"So you can talk,"

"I... don't know," I whispered it hurt my throat

"Don't worry, talking gets easier the more you do it," he assured. I cleared my throat desperate to look more confident

"What's your name?" I managed to push out

"Newt, nice to meet you," he nodded "Now please you spent almost all morning in that tree let me show you around," he offered "I promise I am safe," he assured.

I let down my guard slowly and walked closer to him. He began to walk and I joined his side, constantly checking my surrounding.

"This is the orchard," he gestured towards all the trees including the one I was in. I nodded and we walked "Do you remember anything?" He asked. I shook my head. "You can talk you know?"

"...yeah," I spoke and it felt a little easier. He continued showing me around until the sun began to set. I didn't ask any questions about the walls as everyone else it seemed common knowledge and this wasn't the place to look stupid.

"The monthly bonfire is soon, every night a greenie comes. Let's go," he told me and walked me over to a big fire surrounded by boys. I furrowed my brows and sat on the end of a little log.

The eyes of everyone fell on me and Newt joined my side.

"I know they seam intimidating, they're just curious because your a girl and we've only ever remember boys," he explained. I nodded.

Another boy crouched down next to me, I shot the boy a sharp glare

"Well you look like a real bundle of sunshine don't you?" He spoke sarcastically.

"She's not the most talkative yet, but I'm sure she'll warm up eventually," Newt answered

"I shucking hope so, right now she's not so pleasant,"

"Well it's a good job she's pretty!" A boy shouted. I will fucking kill you.

I tuned out the outside world for a bit and my name lingered on my tongue. It was I knew it but the words weren't right. There's definitely a D and an A in it.

Daisy? No but that I seems to work Adine. No, what the hell in that I like the N though and D sounded right at the start. Danai? No close but no

It rolled on my tongue as I thought and thought. Diana, My name is Diana.

"Diana," I whispered

"Hm?" Newt asked not hearing me

"Diana, Thats my name,"

"You hear that, Greenie remembered her name, Diana!" He shouted smiling. I gave a weak smile

"A smile looks good on you, greenie!" A boy yelled.

After a few hours of me staying in silence and the rest of the boys looking and talking, they gathered around the bonfire on logs.

"So Diana is it?" A boy asked. I nodded. "Still not talkative I see,"

"We'll hold a meeting about her, tomorrow but we should all go to bed," a boy ordered. The other obliged. We all began walking off.

"Where should I sleep?" I whispered to Newt. He looked down at me with a smile and answered

"There's a hammock next to me come on," he lead the way to a hammock that was indeed next to another. "Just sleep, don't worry about anything," he told me.

I crawled into the hammock and shut my eyes convincing myself this day was a dream, how was any of this real?
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈。 ゚