41 - ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴀ ᴄʀᴀɴᴋ

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。"Where do you think your going then?" Newt asked turning his head to the side and flicking the light on

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
"Where do you think your going then?" Newt asked turning his head to the side and flicking the light on.

"Newt..." Thomas sighed thinking he had been caught on his mission out.

"Don't be a twat about it," he explained walking, the echo of his footsteps bouncing off the walls around "I'm already in," he grabbed something off Thomas before his steps came towards me and Frypan. "Come on,"

"No," Thomas protested, I turned to Frypan a tired look on my face making him grin. "No, not this time. Look, even if we find Minho and Archer there's no guarantee we'll make it back from this,"

"Well, you need all the help you can get then, won't you?" He smirked pulling the driver seat door open as Frypan flicked on the light. Revealing us inside. Newt crossed his arms leaning against the truck looking smug. Thomas went quiet looking between us. "Well, we started this together. May as well end it that way, too,"

"...okay," Thomas said reluctantly "Let's go get them back,"

***

After tip toeing back to the others and collecting the rest of the group that agreed to coming we were on our way...

The car ride reminded me of many many many others I had had before, boring, lifeless, desert with the occasion tree or bush. I was in the drivers seat, Newt in the passengers and Fry and Thomas behind trying to think of some reliable strategy to save Archer... and Minho.

I glanced up at a tall messy sign, with moss attacking the rims and paint chipped in the centre and it read 'Mandatory Infection Check - 2 Miles Ahead.

I continued on the road for 2 miles until we reached a ivy covered building with bricks and stones missing or cracked. It didn't look as thought it had been touched in years... it had cars on the outside with smashed windows and a rusty edge to them.

We drove in slowly as I tried to avoid road bumps or piece of rubble. I stopped not far from the echoing tunnel. It was dark and mysterious, scaring me slightly. I opened my door and hopped out, my thigh wobbling a bit as the wound was only just starting to heel.

We walked towards the hole, looking at each other uncertain. This was surely the way into the Last City but my god, if there was another way I'd take it. "You want us to go in there?" Newt asked me with his eyebrows raised. For some reason I was pointed 'The Map' of the group "I don't wanna come across as too negative... but I mean if I was a Crank, that's exactly where I would be,"

"Newt, shut up, your not a Crank," I scoffed looking down at the messy map. My head was throbbing slightly after not drinking for a while and my stomach was starting to reject any type of food. "Look, I don't think we have much of a choice," I looked back up at them. We glanced into the taunting tunnel.

"All right, I get shotgun," Newt finished walking towards the car. I glanced at Frypan, still slightly uncertain.

"Come on Diana," he pulled at the back of her shirt pulling her towards the car.

"Hey Fry, you know how to drive right?" I asked him with raised eyebrows and a smile

"No I-"

"Thank you," I smirked placing the keys into his hand before slipping into the backseat leaving Frypan forced to the front. He drove slowly through the menacing tunnel.

The whole place putting me on edge, this isn't going to end well I told myself as I shuffled forward placing my chin onto Newts shoulder as I looked forward. He glanced down at me for a second then to Frypan then back forward before switching his torch on shinning it outside so we could see where we were heading.

"Well, here we go," Frypan sighed as a car ahead made its way into vision. I leant my head against Newts as I watched.

"Yeah, just take it nice and slow," Newt advised. Frypan twisted and turned the wheel to avoid the cars, we kept going forward. Seeing nothing more than old cars and bare tunnel wars I began to close my eyes the comfort of Newts neck and shoulder taking over.

I took in a large breath and for a couple of minutes it was peaceful and nice until....

"Woah, woah woah," Frypan mumbled as the car came to a stop. I opened my eyes turning my head up quickly on guard. In the headlights of the car a faint silhouette on a person was made.

Their knees bent in and the arms drained to the side, their head turned to the left staring back at the car. It jolted slights, it's left leg bending as it did and a dreadful gargle came out of its mouth.

My face went pale as I dug through my bag quickly pulling things out as I did before my hand wrapped around a manual. 'Signs of infected' I looked through it quickly before glancing back up at the three pairs on awaiting eyes. I took in a deep breath. Looking forward at the creature.

"That..." my breath was shaky and terrified, this time I didn't bother to mask it. "Is...

A Crank,"
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈