17

Vara had led Azula into the forest and they were now sitting on logs, across from each other.

"Why did you bring me here?" Azula asked.

"Because you actually needed something for your wounds." Vara replied.

Azula's wounds were worse than Neteyam's and Lo'ak's somehow. Probably because the boys had targeted him more because he was the oldest.

"What can you do about it?" Azula asked while gazing at Vara.

"You can make ointment from the plants here." Vara replied.

"What's the difference in here and going to the Tsahik?"

"It stings less. The Tsahik doesn't want to change what they've used for ages even though I've tried to tell them this stings less." Vara said as she crushed up some plants.

"Give me your arm." Vara said as she reached out her hand.

Azula gave her his arm where the deepest wound was and let her apply the ointment. He flinched when the ointment hit his arm. Vara apologized as she tried to be more gently.

Azula gazed at Vara as she treated him for his wounds. He had a thousand thoughts running through his head but one stuck out to him. Where is this girls family? So he asked her.

"What?" She questioned, caught off guard by his question.

"Where's your family. It seems like your never with them."

"Oh, we'll im kind of all alone." She replied.

"What do you mean?"

"It's just me." She said, still keeping her eyes on his wound.

"What about your parents?"

"They died a long time ago. I've just lived on my own and occasionally with Tsireya."

"What happened to them?"

Vara just looked up at Azula, looking hurt by the question. "Um your done. Im gonna go now." She said as she stood up and started to walk away.

"Wait," Azula said as he grabbed her wrist, "Meet me on the shore tonight, at eclipse." He continued.

"Why should I?" Vara questioned.

"I want to show you something."

"I don't think there's anything to show me. I've lived here my whole life." Vara said, looking confused.

"Just come, please." Azula said as he gazed deeply into her eyes while getting up from his seated position.

"Okay but if this wastes my time-"

"It won't, I promise Vara." Azula cut her off.

Vara shook her head as she walked off, leaving Azula in the forest alone. He couldn't help but smile. He considered this a date but he didn't know if Vara did but he was determined to enjoy it either way.