Confrontation

Alex POV

Every inch of my body was screaming in pain as I tried to get up... I opened my eyes and observed my surroundings. I was sleeping on the couch at my home and my head was throbbing in pain. I sit up slowly and search in my head to remember how I ended up here. The last thing I remember is I was in Risha's bedroom... Then everything crashes down on me.

'Holy crap!! Rish...' I left her... I left her alone. I need to see her right now. No, wait. She would kill me if she saw me in a wasted state. I freshened up fast and went to her home as soon as I could.

It made my blood boil when I found her sleeping on the couch uncomfortably. Where is that bastard? He was there when I left yesterday. Did he leave her all alone...by herself! He is gonna pay for this. I went to her first and called her softly. Her body was cold, lying on the couch all night.

I called her again, shaking her gently. She opened her eyes and sat up looking around for that idiot.

"Rish," I addressed her, gaining her attention, sitting beside her. "I am sorry... I am so sorry. I reacted that way. I should have respected your decision," I apologized for not being there for her.

"Thank you for forgiving this stupid again," she mocked herself, giving me a teary smile.

"Hey! You aren't stupid," I assured her, giving a kiss on her forehead. "Where is that idiot? Don't tell me he left you alone. Did he say something to you?" I saw fresh tears start to fall from her eyes as I asked her about Abhiudey.

"I wish he had said something," I wrapped my arms around her as she started crying uncontrollably. Now all I am seeing is red. I am gonna kill him this time for sure.

"What. Happened. Last. Night?" I asked her, gritting my teeth...

Risha POV

"Abhi," I whispered his name as my eyes met with his unreadable ones. He was staring blankly at me. No-one broke the uncomfortable silence between us. And suddenly he spoke up, breaking my heart.

"Is that true what I heard?" he spoke in an emotionless voice that I hadn't heard from him before, making me flinch. Though he didn't show any emotion, I knew how heartbroken he was. I saw the glimpse of pain in his eyes, as if he was pleading to me to say it's not true. I couldn't gather the courage to speak up so I just nodded.

And that's it! He turned back and left without saying another word. My eyes were burning as tears were threatening to fall and they started flowing as I closed my eyes once I described to Alex that nothing had happened. And it's my biggest fear that nothing has happened. I haven't heard anything from Abhi till now. I have called him several times; his phone switched off. And at this moment I want him, I need him badly. But there's no trace of him.

Alex was comforting me while Abhi entered the living room and, without glancing in our direction, he went inside the kitchen. It hurts when he is ignoring me. I haven't that ability to bear his silent treatment like this. I just need him right now. More tears are streaming down my face. A while later, Abhi came out of the kitchen and came towards us holding a glass. He knelt in front of me and extended the glass to me. I kept staring at him without taking the glass. Now that I took a close look at him, I noticed his hair was disheveled, and his eyes were red and puffy. He looked tired.

"You didn't eat anything last night. Drink it," he stated softly, pulling me out of my thoughts. Without thinking twice, I threw myself at him.

Abhi caught me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer even if it was possible. He settled us on the sofa. He nuzzled my hair and started kissing my neck, then showered kisses on my face. When he was satisfied enough, he made me drink the milkshake.