Surprise

Risha POV
Buzzzzz! Buzzzzz...
“Abhi, make it stop,” I groaned in between my sleep.
Buzzzzz, Buzzzzz...
Getting frustrated with this disturbing alarm, I rise. I didn’t find Abhi beside me. Again the alarm rang, I stopped it. After getting prepared, I went to the kitchen, hoping to discovered Abhi there.
“Good morning, princess,” he greeted me as soon as he felt my presence.
“Good morning,” he looked at me, gave a big smile, and went back to prepare breakfast. I waited a while for him to say something more. But no response! Did he forget the date or forget what today is? “Abhi,” I called him.
“Yes, princess.”
“What today's date is?” I asked him.
“28 Jun. Why?” ‘Cause you forget my birthday, idiot,’ I so desire to add that.
“Nothing,” I gave him a compelled smile. After Abhi finished cooking we sat down to eat. And it’s all my favorite dishes. My eyes lit up with the hope that he remembered. But when he opened his mouth I wish I could smack on the lower back of his head. He said there was nothing in the fridge that’s why he cooked these foods. Not because it’s my birthday and these are my favorite food. Idiot.
“Princess, why aren't you eating? You didn't like it?” he asked me with concern.
“I like it, Abhi. Did I ever say no to your food?” I said smilingly. Though he didn’t remember, he nevertheless cares for me a lot. After breakfast, Abhi dropped me off at the hospital.
“Abhi, don’t you think you forget something?” I asked him when we reached the hospital.
“Oh yeah, I remember,” he stated. “Sorry, princess. I shouldn’t have forgotten it,” now he remembers. “I should have told you before. I might not be able to pick you up today. I have a meeting. Sorry,” he told me guiltily. Wow. Great! Not only did he forget about my birthday but also he has a meeting today.
“It's ok. But I didn’t mean you forget this,” I mumbled.
“Then?”
“Aren’t you forgetting something special, like someone’s birthday or anniversary?” I specifically asked this time.
“Oh yeah! How could I forget this?” I looked at him hopefully. “Today is Will's grandma's birthday,” GREAT! He remembered Will's grandma's birthday, not mine. I was fuming with anger. If I stay here anymore, I might have beat him.
“You should wish her. And you know what, you should celebrate tonight with her. No need to come home,” saying that I stormed out from his car, and shut the door so hard that he flinched. But I didn’t care this time.
“Hey Risha, Happy birthday,” Andrew came and hugged me as soon as I entered the hospital. In these months he became a brother to me.
“Thanks, Andrew,” I thanked him when we broke the hug. “How are Aditi and my little nephew?” Aditi is pregnant with a boy. And Andrew was taking care of her as if she were a baby.
“They are doing great. But Aditi sometimes being so difficult and stubborn. She didn’t listen to me at all,” he complained like a child. I hardly control my laughter.
“You know Andrew, you should act less protective,” I tried to reason.
“You didn’t even see how protective we can be. Abhiudey will be way too protective when you will be pregnant with his child,” thinking of me getting pregnant with Abhi's and my baby made me blushed harder. Andrew smirked, seeing me flushed. “By the way, when will you tell him about your feelings,” Andrew knew everything about Abhi and me. I even told him about Alex.
“I told him but he didn’t understand my language, his fault,” I shrugged.
“You and your language,” he laughed, shaking his head. “Anyway, enjoy your day. I have to go for a round. Bye,” bidding him a bye, I also went to my chamber. Mum-mum and Aditi also called me to wish me a happy birthday. My few co-workers also wished me. But whose wish I want more than anything, didn’t even call me.
It’s lunchtime when a nurse informed me that someone wants to meet me. I thought it was Abhi but I found out it's William. Today I have been disappointed many times.
“Mam, Sir want me to give you this,” he handed me a box. I took it curiously and opened it. There was a beautiful golden, sleeveless designer gown. This dress was so pretty. ‘Abhi gifted me dress on my birthday. He didn’t forget.’ But didn’t I say today is my ‘disappointment day'!
“Why all of a sudden he sent me a dress?” I asked him sounding casual like I didn’t care.
“Actually mam, today is one of our investor's marriage anniversary so sir want you to wear this dress and he said, you may not have time to get prepared at home so you are asked to get ready from the hospital,” he informed me sheepishly. By this time, I was fuming with anger. He remembered everything except my birthday!
“FINE,” saying this I was about to leave. “And Will, wish your grandma for me,” I told him, looking back.
“Ok, mam,” giving him a curt nod I left.
By 6 pm, I reached the apartment cause my husband was too busy with his meeting to pick me up. When I enter the apartment it was too dark for my liking. I was about to switch on the light but it suddenly lit up. And I heard a lot of voices said, ‘Happy Birthday' altogether. When I looked back, found the room is filled with my close ones. Mum-mum, Aditi, Andrew, some of my co-workers, And so on. Then I felt a pair of a hand grabbed me by my waist from the back. I don’t need to look back whose hand it belongs to cause I felt him.
“Happy Birthday, Princess,” he wished me, bringing his lips to my ears. A shiver passed down my spine. I leaned on his touch, forgetting about the crowd. For god sake, it’s my husband and I have the right.
“Isn’t it Will's grandma’s birthday?” I asked him, raising my eyes.
“Aren’t you one, sweetheart?” he joked and I slapped on his arm. He laughed at my reaction. “How could you think that I forget my princess's birthday,” he asked me, being serious.
“But you didn’t wish me first,” I complained with a pout.
“Oww, don't be sad, sweetheart. I will make it up for you with my next surprise after the party,” he cooed me, whispering the last sentence.
“What are you going to do with me, huh?” I teased him.
“Hey, naughty girl. Get your mind out of the gutter,” he slightly tapped his finger on my forehead and I giggled. “Now let's go,” he put his hand on the small of my back and lead me to the crowd.
“Mum-mum,” I hugged her as soon as I approached her. I didn’t expect to see her but Abhi always fulfills my wish even without my saying. She wished me again. “You are gonna stay tonight, right?” I asked her.
“Sorry, dear. I have a flight tonight. I have a meeting tomorrow. It’s your husband who dragged me here without any notice,” I chuckled at her choice of word. Everyone wished me again. Then I cut the cake. After 3 hours of party, and giving gift everyone left. Mum-mum also left for the airport, promising to visit us again.
“What’s my surprise?” I turned to him and asked as soon as everyone left. Abhi laughed at my curiosity.
“Aren’t we so eager?” he asked between his laugh.
“Come on, Abhi. Don’t you know my curiosity regarding surprise!” I bragged.
“Okay Okay. Come. I am going to show you,” saying this, he took me to his car and started driving. After one hour of a drive, he took me to the beach. My secret place. When I get off the car, I was awestruck. The whole place was decorated with different types of flowers, fairy lights. Flower petals were scattered on our way. Abhi took me towards the table which was placed on the beach.
“Can I have dinner with my princess?” Abhi forwarded his hand in front of me in a dramatic way. I can’t help but smile.
“Yes. You can, my prince charming,” he gave me his brightest smile. He pulled the chair out for me as a gentleman. I sat down. Then he told me to wait and went to the car to bring something. After a few minutes, he came back with mouth-watering butter chicken, creamy garlic prawns, and my favorite Lasagna recipe with ricotta cheese.
“Abhi, you cooked all these,” I asked him licking my lips. He nodded. We finished our dinner silently. Well, not silently actually, with my moaning and Abhi's scolding for me to stop. I loved Abhi’s hand-made food but I enjoyed teasing him more.
“Wanna drink?” he offered me pulling beer bottles out of the car.
“But don’t we have to drive back?” I asked him.
“Don’t worry. We can call for a cab,” then I am more than ready for a drink. We both went towards the stream. The trees, beside the way to stream, are also decorated with fairy lights. And Abhi did all these alone only for me. This man became everything to me. I can’t think of my life without him now.
We sat beside the stream for hours and we are both a little bit drunk now. My head was on his shoulder and he was holding me protectively.
“Princess,” he called me and I hummed. When he didn’t say anything, I looked at him. He was staring at me intently. There was uncertainty and fear in his eyes which I have seen before. But didn’t understand why. I wanted to comfort him. So I did the first thing that came into my mind.
I pressed my lips on his and started to kiss him. He was perplexed at first, then started to respond in the same way. I climbed on his lap, he pulled me closer, our tongues entangled with one another. Soon our kiss became heated. I can feel his ejection. We broke our kiss for breath.
“I need you,” I whispered.
“I need you too,” he told me breathlessly. His voice sounded husky. This time he placed his lips on mine. It was a passionate one. He put his uncertainty, pain, love, anger into one kiss. We pulled apart after it felt like hours later. “We should stop now?” his voice sounded like a question.
“Let's go home,” we called a cab. Both of us were not in a state of driving. We hardly control ourselves not to touch each other inside the cab. As soon as we entered our apartment, I was pushed to the wall and his lips came in contact with mine.