Separation..?

Alex POV
It’s been one month since I proposed Risha. I was thinking about proposing her but I didn’t had the courage. If that affects our friendship, that was my major problem. I couldn’t afford to lose a friend like Risha, who I hadn’t before. But when she got lost I thought someone snatched my world from me. So no matter what I had to keep her close to me. I didn’t know that time if she accept my proposal or not. So I asked mum-mum. She encouraged me as usual. And I proposed her.
We decided to get married soon. We have mum-mum’s consent. But we also need Risha’s parents blessing. So we are going to New York today to talk to them. I don’t know they will agree or not.
“Sir, a post man came and gave a latter. It’s for you,” watchman told me, while giving me the letter. Its the PhD applications confirmation letter. I applied for it before meeting Risha. Maybe I don’t need it now. I will reject it after coming back.
“What’s that?” Risha asked me while coming downstairs.
“Ah the letter nothing important.” She scowled but didn’t pushed that matter which I was thankful for. “Ready?” I asked her. We have still 2 hours for our flight. We were heading out for airport. 
“Yeah. I already said good bye to mum-mum. Now let’s go,” she told me smilingly. I know she was nervous too. But she tried to be strong to give me more courage. Cause I am a nervous wreck about Rish. But I have to be strong too for her.
We are in the flight, now. We will land New York in another one hour. Risha looked nervous.
“Don’t worry. We will get this together. Ok?” I told her while putting my hand around her shoulder. She put her head on my shoulder like she always do.
“Thank you. It gives me support,” she told me smilingly.
“And I will always support you. Promise,” I promised her and I mean it. No matter what I will always support her, like she does for me.
*****
“Hi mom. Hi dad,” Risha greeted her parents, when we entered her house.
“Hello baby. How are you?” Risha’s dad asked her.
“Good. What about you two?” Risha asked her parents.
“We are also good, dear,” they replied. “Looks like you have a company,” Risha’s mom commented pointed towards me.
“Mom-dad, meet Alex…” “Your friend? But you didn’t bring any friend before.” Risha was cut by her father.
“He is my boyfriend,” Risha told them.
“What! You have a boyfriend and you didn’t even told me before. Did your mum-mum knew that?” Risha’s mom asked.
“Yes. Mum-mum knew that and she is happy for us,” Risha retorted. Looks like they don’t have that strong bond which Rish shared with mum-mum. That’s why she always hated being here.
“See, Sumit, I told you before yours sister spoiled your daughter. But you didn’t listen. And now she bring a random guy to make him your son-in-low,” her mom exclaimed.
“Mom, please I already told you and tell you again don’t talk about mum-mum like that. And don’t about Alex like he isn’t here,” Risha screamed at her mom.
“Oh.. So your mum-mum teach you to talk to your parents like that?” Her mom yelled at her this time.
“Enough. Now I am leaving. You know, I came here so that you can gave us your blessing. But you don’t want my happiness, right? So I don’t need your blessing also. Good bye.” Saying that Risha dragged me out of her house.
“Rish.” I called her after sometime. We were sitting on a bench of a park near her house. It’s nearly 8 pm.
“I am sorry, Alex. My parents shouldn’t talk to you like that,” Risha told me while crying. I extended my hand for her to hug. And she hugged me.
“Don’t worry. I didn’t mind and you don’t need to be sorry,” I told her softly. After sometime her phone rang. She picked up the call.
“My dad called. He want to talk with us,” she informed me.
“We should go. And this time if they said anything to me, I will listen. You don’t need to get hyper. Ok?” I told her sternly. “But…” “No but, Rish. I am gonna marry their only daughter, so I have to listen what they want to say. Don’t worry. I will always love you, no matter whatever happened,” I told her softly while kissing her cheek.
“Sorry for our earlier behavior, son. Come and have dinner with us. You must be hungry. We will talk after dinner. By the way, I am Sumit Mishra, Risha’s dad I hope you assumed that before,” Sumit told me, when we got back to Risha’s house.
“Yes, sir. No need to be sorry. It’s alright,” I told him politely.
“You can call me Sumit,” Risha’s father told me and I gave him a curt nod.
Dinner went well in silence. Now we are sitting at their living room on couch. Risha was beside me and her parents was sitting in front of us.
“So…What’s your profession?” Risha’s mother, Riyana asked me.
“I am a doctor,” I informed her.
“You do realize that we won’t give our daughter’s hand in an ordinary doctor, right?” Sumit told me.
“Dad! I am also an ordinary doctor. What’s wrong with that?” Risha shouted at her dad.
“Risha, don’t talk about that things what you don’t know,” Riyana retorted. Risha was about to reply but I stopped her and squeezed her hand.
“Ok. If I completed PhD and become a surgeon or gain some fame then you don’t have any problem to give me your daughter’s hand, right? In that case just give me one year, I will prove myself that I am capable of your daughter,” I told them and gave Risha a small smile.
“Fine. We will give you 1 year. Prove yourself. But we have some condition,” Sumit told me.
“Risha and you can’t contact each other. No phone calls, no messaging, nothing. And she will stay here. She is not allowed to go to London. And about your internship it will over soon and you can join Lenox hill,” Riyana told us.
“Mom, this is too much…” Risha went to argue more but I stopped her.
“Rish, it’s ok. It’s only one year. We will get over it,” I told her giving her a small smile.
“Alex, I hope you both can comply the condition from today. Now we will give you some privacy,” saying that they left the living room. Then I turned to Risha, her eyes was closed. She was trying to control her tears.
“Rish…” I whispered and pulled her closer to me and then she broke down. And I just hold her until her cry subsided.
“What’s that all PhD things?” she asked me while sobbing. I told her everything.
“Looks like it’s our last meeting before I will complete PhD,” I told her, trying to lighten the mood.
“I will miss you,” she told me and she was crying again.
“I will miss you too, baby. But I promise, I will come back soon. I love you,” I told her. And kissed her one last time.
“I Love you too,” she said when we pulled apart. After that biding bye to her I left. I don’t know why but it feels like I am abandoning her. It feels like I left her for crying.