Best Friend

Risha POV

I stormed out of Alex's apartment, hail a cab, and left. I went to the place where I can cry. It's the only place where I used to come when I was upset. I cried for hours. I am all alone here cause nobody knows about this place except one person.

"Isha!" My husband. He rushed towards me, pulled me to him, and hold me as if I will disappear.

"Abhi, he hates me," was my first word after we pulled back. "He hates me. He didn't even listen to me for once," tears didn't stop falling from my eyes. Alex was my best friend. He always gets hurt because of me. "I...I can't...I can't lose him, Abhi. I can't," I threw myself at him. And cried holding him for dear life. I didn't realize when I fall asleep in his arms.

The next day I woke up in our bed. I sighed as yesterday's event flashed in front of my eyes. I got out of my bed and went to the kitchen. I didn't bother to get ready, I need food. I didn't eat properly yesterday. That was a hellish day.

I didn't find Abhi in the kitchen. There was food on the kitchen counter with a note. It says, 'I have an early meeting that's why I had to leave. Eat something. If you didn't feel good, just take a leave. Take care.' A smile crept across my face. How much he cares for me. But I am not going to take leave, Abhi. Your princess is strong enough.

I won't cry anymore. I can't lose my best friend again. I know what should I do to get my friend back. So, first things first – I need food now. I am so hungry. With new determination, I ate breakfast and got ready to go to the hospital.

**

When I reached the hospital, I grabbed my bag and got off the car. There I saw Andrew. He also just arrived.

"Where is he?" he asked me as soon as I approached him.

"Good morning to you too, Andy," I sarcasm and he chuckled.

"No, I am serious. Are you okay? AD called us yesterday, he was sounded tense. Did you guys fight?"

"I am alright and we didn't fight," I assured him giving a small smile.

"Then why didn't he dropped you?" he asked raising his eyes.

"He had a meeting so he had to leave early," he nodded in acknowledgment.

"Dr. Risha, Dean wants you to his office now. And Dr. Andrew, he wants you too," one nurse informed us when we were inside.

"Ok, we will be there," I give her a small smile. Then Andrew and I headed towards the dean's office.

"Hey... Risha, I feel like your husband is cheating on you. That's why he didn't drop you today," Andrew whispered in my ears. I hit his stomach with my elbow. 'Ouch' he hissed holding his stomach.

"He won't. Never ever," I told him confidently.

"Hmm... So much confidence in your husband, huh?" he smirked.

"Yep," I trust my husband more than everything.

"But, I think you should reconsider. Do you wanna spy on him? I can give the contact of some expert spy," I scoffed hearing him. When he jokes about something, he can go to any stage.

"Andy, do you run any spy agency?" I asked him rhetorically.

"How do you know?" he looked surprised.

"Huh..."

"Well, my family runs one," he shrugged.

"Do you want me to inform Aditi that you wanna spy on your own would-be brother-in-law?"

"No, no, no. Don't. She will chew me like this," he mimicked to chew. I couldn't help but burst into laughter. "Finally! Sun shines..." I looked at him confusedly "With your smile," he completed his sentence with a smirk.