Chapter 35

"Are you enjoying it?" I asked and he tilted his head in confusion "Hurting me by ruining my career"

"Yes, as much as you enjoyed it when you hid the fact you were pregnant with my child and took off running" he said bitterly, I would be lying if i said i didn't feel like a  hundred knives stabbed me in the heart.

I forced myself to chuckle hoping it would hide the pain that probably showed in my eyes "Maybe it was a mistake for me to come here" I said, now I hoped I could get the envelope back, but he was standing right there.

"Yes it was and I hope you don't repeat the mistake again" he agreed "I trust you know your way out, don't you?"

"Would it make you feel better if I was kicked out of the field?" I asked, "You know that this investigation can end my career."

"Are you confirming that indeed there is medical misconduct in the Town Hospital, Doctor Cha?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, I felt tension in my jaw as I clench my teeth. I stalked closer to him not breaking eye contact, I stopped when our chest was an inch apart. He looked down at me as I tilted my chin upwards to maintain eye contact.

"Two can play this game, Junie. Don't test me" I said, but Yeonjun's attention wasn't with me. His eyes kept flickering down my chest. Here is the thing the dress im wearing has a high neckline so no he is not staring at my boobs "What are you-"

"One of your necklaces is under your dress. Seems like you forgot to take it out" he said. His slender finger brushed against the skin of my neck as he hooked his finger underneath the small necklace chain.

"But I will be amused to see you try to pull your dirty tricks, Doctor Cha" he said, pulling out the necklace from underneath the dress. But the chain must have got stuck on the embroidery of the dress, since I felt a light tuck against my skin and something hit the floor.

Yeonjun kneeled to pick it up, and when he rose to his feet my eyes catches a metal circle on his palm. I felt my body freeze at the realisation.

"Yah this is..." I heard Yeonjun say, I looked over and saw he was holding a ring in his hand. that's when it hit me. my necklace. I touched my neck and I didn't feel the chain of the necklace.

"Uh? Where is it?" I said as my heart started to beat faster, I pat my clothes and looked around. please tell me I didn't lose it. I have put it in a necklace of mine and his. I kept it.

"Yah this is my engagement ring from our-" Yeonjun said but was cut off by a faint sound of a metal dropping on the ground. I looked down and it was my engagement ring. I froze in my place. I looked up and Yeonjun was staring at the ring on the ground with a frown on his face. he seemed confused. He tried to approach to pick it up but I stepped forward stepping on the ring so he couldn't take it. He looked at me and I looked away. avoiding his gaze.

"What is this?" he said pointing at my feet. "That's your engagement ring, right?"

"No, no" I said shaking my head