District 8 Female - GRACIELA ROSE COTTON [6]

NAME: Graciela Rose Cotton

AGE: 13

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Graciela's hair never seems to be entirely untangled, no matter how long she spends combing it. The last time her mother could spare the time to properly cut it was before her first reaping, so by now it hangs down to her back. Her eyes aren't any more notable than her hair, with their shade of dark greenish blue. She's short for her age as well, which only accentuates how far away she is from the image her name evokes.

PERSONALITY: There are certain expectations that come from a young girl with a name like Graciela Rose Cotton. Graciela meets none of them. She wishes she could be graceful, poised, elegant and sweet, but she's not. If she can walk ten paces without stumbling or tripping over something, it's practically a miracle. A fascination with bugs of all kinds is hardly elegant. And kind as she is, she can't help words blurting out of her mouth in a distinctly unsweet way.

THE REAPING: Reaped

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Bow and arrow

TRAINING SCORE: 4

LIFESTYLE: Graciela is the fifth child out of nine kids. Ever since she turned eight years old, she's worked alongside her parents and siblings in the textile factories. Her family is one of the few in Eight to have the luxury of owning their own house. She's gone to bed hungry more than once, but for the most part, her life has been hard, but not particularly pained.Her older siblings are more tired than she is, as they have longer work shifts. However, they also have higher pay, which they claim is why they didn't volunteer for her like they promised one of them would.

TOKEN: A half-finished white sweater her mother had been making to give to Graciela on her fourteenth birthday.