306

The following day, we all sat on a branch in front of John B's house, which was now in ashes. We were sitting there in silence. 

"So when did you say the plane was coming in?" John B asked Sarah. "Probably like in an hour, I mean my dad did say we can get the plane whenever" Sarah replies. As we were talking Pope and Cleo decided to leave early to pack up some things and Kie. 

"I guess it's my turn, I'll be there by tonight. I promise" I say as I run off. As I was walking home I walked down to Dane's. The door slowly opened revealing a beat-up twenty-year-old at the door 

"Oh, hey" He yawns. He moves away from the door and lets me come in. "Hey, Y/n!" I heard his dad shout coming from an office room. I wave and the two of us go upstairs to his room. I moved my eyes as I looked at his room, It was pretty big for a Kook house. 

"Have you gotten any sleep? You're still in the same clothes as yesterday" Said Dane. I looked down at my clothes, covered in dirt and ash. "I didn't, but what happened to you?" I say as I plop down on the bed. "What happened?" He asks me. 

"I'll tell you, but first tell me why you're face is bruised up?" I say. He stayed silent. I grabbed onto his hand and looked into his eyes "What happened?" I whispered. "I think it's best if we don't talk Y/n" He whispers. I shake my head in disbelief ."What? Why?" My smile dropped.  I let go of his grip moving an inch away from him. "Dane, is there a reason why we shouldn't talk?" I mumble. 

"I'm sorry Y/n, you and I just shouldn't move forward, It's for the best". I could tell he didn't want this to end, he looked angry. "Why Dane? What's the reason?" I shout. "Just leave" He says quietly. I walk up to him one last time "But before I go, did you really mean what you said that night in my living room?". He didn't say a word. 

I quickly walk out of his house in tears. I run down the block, and as I stopped I threw my phone onto the ground and shout "Fuck!" I shout in anger. There's definitely something going on. Anyways, I decided to go home and change. On my way there I noticed a familiar truck knowing who it was. I caught eyes with him, his shining blue eyes. It looked like he was happy to see me in disappointment. 

I ignore it and continue to walk the trail back home. "Need a ride?" The boy asks me. "Leave me alone Rafe" I gently raise my voice. He looks at me in the eyes. He tilts his head confused, "Are you ok?" He asks. I nod my head yes, "Yes" I say quickly. "If you were fine,  your mascara wouldn't be running, oh shit did you guys fuck?" He laughs. 

"First off, why would you want to know if I had sex with another guy? And to answer your question, no, he actually ended things with me". "Oh". 

"Yeah, anyways, I should get going. I look like shit and I need to get out of these clothes, but don't you have somewhere to be?" I break the silence. He unbuckles his seatbelt to open the passenger door, "Get in. I can take you home" said Rafe. "I'm walking home" I say. I wave goodbye, beginning to walk again. I could hear the door close behind me. The truck started to move in my direction. "I'm just being nice Y/n" said Rafe. 

"I'd rather walk than get in a car with you again" I let out a small laugh. "I'm not letting you walk out in the heat Y/n, I'm just taking you home". I take a small glance at myself from his side mirror, I looked like Sarah Paulson from AHS. "Fine, but just take me home, nowhere else" I say as I opened the door to the passenger seat. I get in and buckle my seatbelt. "You need to clean yourself up a little, look in the glove compartment," said Rafe as he started up the car. I open it up revealing my makeup remover was still in there. "You kept it?" I ask him. He nods his head, "I don't let anyone else open that side of the car".