𝟤𝟢𝟩

One month has passed. Ward has died. Rafe and I haven't talked since he was in jail. The pogues and I have gotten closer than before.

Early in the morning, I was driving to John B's. On my way there I caught Sarah walking all alone, she looked like she had been crying. I pulled up next to her which caused her to stop in front of me. "Hey Sar, everything ok?" I asked. "Y-Yeah, I'll see you at the party later?" Said Sarah silently. She walks off into the distance. Huh, weird. 

However, as I got to John B's I noticed he was sitting all alone on the dock. I get out of my car to John B to keep him company. "Hey, buddy, everything alright?". He sighs. "I don't get it. I don't get it". I sit down next to him and I lay my head on his shoulder. "If it's about love... I get it. It sucks".  "Ok, so you and Rafe, talk to me. It's been a while since you've talked about him" He moves causing me to sit up. We were now sitting in front of each other. "Oh, um, about that, we called it off a while ago. Turns out he's never going to change" My face changed into a frown. John B grabs my hand and turns my attention to him. "Deathblow. I'm sorry Y/n, but hey he's a kook of course they're not going to change". I guess he was right. 

I heard a noise from behind. I turned around and saw JJ, Pope, and Kie coming in with a cooler filled with beer. "Thank you. I needed that". "What are you guys doing down here?" asked JJ. "Crying our eyeballs out" I joke. Kie chuckles "You know it's none of your guys' fault right?". I scoff. "Yeah, whatever. Hand me one of those beers will ya?".

Can you swing by later to help me clean up the house? I miss our mother/daughter time- Mom. 

The next morning, I received a text from my mom. I get out of bed to get ready for the day. Instead of going later, I thought it was best to go now. 

I walked down to the kitchen finding a note from my dad on the counter "Went down to work, I love you".  I put the note in my pocket and walked out of the house. Just when I get to the Cameron's I knocked on the door, but nobody answered. "Hello!" I shout from the outside.

I held onto the doorknob slightly opening the door. I walked in. "Is anyone home?" I shout again. No answer. "Mom?". I walked up the stairs all the doors were closed except one. I walked over to that one door. The room was a mess. The wallpaper was ripped all over the place. Rafe did this. "Oh my god".

I took a picture just so I could send it to my friends. Minutes later, I heard the doors open downstairs. "My daughter is coming soon so I'd suggest that you either leave the house or you stay in your room or don't come out" I heard my mom say. Instead of staying in the room, I thought it would be a better idea to sneak out to knock at the front door, but that didn't work. "Y/n?". 

"Rafe..." I stopped. I see him walk closer to me. I step back "Don't. I came here to see my mom. Where is she?". I could see his eyes furry with anger. "She's downstairs". He walks past me. I was going to ask him if he wanted to talk about the wall, but it didn't come to mind.

"Hey mom" I said as I was going down the stairs. I see her scanning through the fridge. "Y/n! You got here early. I was just about to make lunch" She jumps. I pull out a chair sitting down in front of the island table. "Yeah, I just thought it would be best to get here early". She turns around to face me. "I'm sorry about him by the way. He wouldn't listen to me" She scoffs. "It's fine mom, but are you ok? I saw what he did to the wall in the other room. It looks bad". 

"I'm ok, but he's not. I don't know, maybe you could talk to him? I figured that he only listens to you more than anyone in this house". Immediately, I shook my head no "No way". "Just a thought sweetheart. I know that you two ended in a harsh way, but you don't have to forgive him easily". 

"Changing the topic, what are you making for lunch? Need some help?" I asked. She shakes her head no. "Go wait for me in the room. I'll be there with the supplies in a second, alright?". I nod. After getting up from my chair, I make my way to the room. I walked in beginning to look into the rips. I ended up finding a book with a key inside. I snuck it into my shorts tucking it into my shirt. 

 I jumped. "What are you doing?" I heard him say behind me. "Nothing. Just looking at the mess you made. This is yours right?" I point to the wall. "It might've been my fault. I lost it ok" Said Rafe quietly. "You always lose your shit". 

I heard my mom's footsteps coming up the stairs. Rafe walks out of the room leaving my mom confused. "Did he come near you? Are you ok?" She asks. "I'm fine mom. We just waited for you" I lie. She gives me a look but chooses not to talk about it. "Here. We'll just clean up the mess on the floor and I'll call for someone to fix the walls". She hands me a broom and cleaning stick.

Finally, when we were done cleaning I was making my way to the bathroom, and I see him.  He was snorting coke. "What are you doing" I blow the coke away. "What are you doing!" He shouts.  "Why Rafe? That's not gonna solve anything" I look at him in disbelief. "How would you know? Huh?" He scoffs. He tries to put out a second line. I rub my hand on his back "You really do have a problem, Rafe". He pushes my hand away. I take his small roll away from him before he inhaled another roll. "What are you doing? Give it back" He gets up squeezing my hand a little tough. "Ow". "Give it back to me" He says in a demanding tone. 

"You know what my problem is?" He says. I just stood there in silence. "I had a girlfriend who would lie to me. You think I'm stupid huh?". I wasn't catching up with what he was talking about. "What do you mean I would lie to you? You were the one who would lie to me, Rafe" I shout. He exhales deeply. "Admit it Y/n, you know where the gold is don't you?" He walks up to me. I could feel his breath getting heavier and heavier. "Rafe stop". 

"Ok you know where the gold is, but you just want to keep it to-" I press my lips against his to get him to stop talking. We both let go. "Don't ever tell me lies Cameron. Now if you need me you know where to find me" I said before walking out of the room we were in.