3AM

Why is it that your mind becomes so awake in the earliest hours of the morning? Small problems become unfathomable in size that your heart can't take it. Your anxieties become the focus while your eyes stare into the darkness of the night, various scenarios of what your life could be or could've been run through your head. It had always been frustrating when this happened. Your eyes would be tired and close tight but your mind didn't want to shut down, forcing your eyelids back open.

That was the state that Jimin was in. Laying on his back, his eyes staring up at the ceiling, his arm folded under his head. Although he didn't have any anxieties that were constantly revolving in his head, his mind kept on playing various scenarios like a film. In fact, he'd had the best couple of nights of his life due to the online concerts. But the empty seats and Stadium took a toll on him. Army was there but not physically, and it made him feel frustrated and distracted.

He looked to his side. Your form lay beside him, your back facing him. With his eyes now used to the dark, he could see how the creased bed sheets haphazardly covered you. He sighed. He couldn't deny that he wanted your conscious company but he didn't want to wake you. Concluding that maybe a herbal tea might help to calm his mind, he cautiously sat up doing his best to stay quiet. But before his body left the bed, your groggy voice stilled his movements.

"Jimin?"

He looked back over his shoulder, seeing you turning onto your back and rubbing your tired eyes. The sight was endearing, you had always been a light sleeper so he should have thought twice on escaping the bed.

"Y/n," he spoke softly, "I'm sorry did I wake you?"

You shook your head, slowly sitting up yourself.

"Hey go to sleep baby—" he ushered with a hushed voice, laying a gentle hand on your shoulder to push you back down.

"No," you pushed his hand away only to hold it in between your own, "something's wrong." You glanced at the clock by the bed. "It's 3am, you're not usually up at this time unless something's bothering you."

Jimin sighed before sitting back next to you leaning his head back on the headboard as you watched him, the initial mist from your tired eyes disappearing.

"I'm just thinking back to the concerts," he whispered into the dark room before looking at you, a weak smile on his lips. "I promise I'm not worried about anything, I just found those concerts….difficult, you already know that," he finished, now looking down at his restless fingers.

You smiled sadly at him. In times like these, you found it hard to find the right words to say. All you could offer was hope, relying on that to make him feel better.

Calmly threading your fingers through his hair, you leaned in and pecked his shoulder.

"You are so strong Jimin."

He looked at you with sad eyes.

"You really are. I know times are tough, I can only imagine what you guys are going through and I feel helpless," you cupped his cheeks. "But I need you to know that things will get better and when you're finally on the stage with real human beings instead of virtual armys watching you, it's going to be the best thing to experience ever."

He silently chuckled at that. "I can't wait."

You smiled at his expression, it was as if he was living that moment, the galaxy of army bombs clear in his eyes.

"Please don't live in the past Jimin," you spoke again, "I know you enjoyed the online concerts but I know you dwelled on the fact that no one was physically there to cheer you on. Live in the present baby," you concluded.

He nodded, laying his forehead on yours before kissing you.

The both of you got under the covers spooning each other, his head resting by your chest, your arms reassuringly embracing each other.

"Oh by the way Jimin."

He hummed, tilting his head up connecting your eyes with his.

"Happy birthday."

You leaned down to kiss the top of his head as he hugged you tighter.

As the seconds rolled on, you both spoke to each other, your whispers freely filling the silent room, Jimin's mind feeling more and more at ease.