Scarf

Being away from Jimin was always a task. Despite keeping his promises of keeping in contact, calling you every night, texts in the morning, you still felt the distance in your heart. Nevertheless, you knew he loved doing what he was doing and that was all you could hope for. You were also happy so it was all good. In fact, a few months ago, you both made your relationship public, mainly because Jimin was desperate to display affection without having to keep it a secret within the four walls of your home. Of course there was hate to start with, but the delusional fans eventually calmed down. What was important was that you were both happy.

Right now you were sitting on your bed with your laptop on your lap. About 15 minutes ago, Jimin had sent you a message saying that he was going live soon, so you were eagerly waiting for the notification. While you were waiting, with a mug of tea cradled in your palms, you watched from the window the wisps of white scan through the summer sky, the warm air being disrupted by a cool breeze. The familiar ping from your phone took you out of your daydream. You swiftly reached for your phone, almost spilling your drink, and let out a silent squeal at the words 'BTS Surprise Live' on the screen.

You waited for the app to load on your laptop while you had your phone in hand so you could message him during his live.

This is something you always loved to do. By sending a mere message, you could make him laugh, annoyed or flustered—maybe you had a power complex.

At last his face appeared on the screen and just the sight of him caused a beaming smile to grace your face. He sat silently for a minute for as many armys to join, a soft smile tugging on his plump, doll lips. He looked exactly the same before he left which relieved you as it meant he was looking after himself and eating well. The only thing that was different was the hat on his head hiding his newly dyed hair. Of course you tried to pry a tidbit out of him to find out what colour it actually is or will be but he was so good at keeping his mouth shut about that kind of stuff.

"Army," his soft voice reached your ears and your smile unconsciously tugged even wider, the apples of your cheeks warming up.

Opening up your messages, you typed,

'I'm watching you baby'

You heard a ping from the other side of the screen and you saw him take a peek at his own phone, his wide, angelic smile immediately appearing on his face.

"Everyone, y/n's watching, say hi," he said while waving at the camera.

You waved back, nevermind the fact that he couldn't see.

You typed a message again and sent it, sneakily giggling to yourself. When you saw Jimin check his phone again, you could feel yourself hold your breath in childish anticipation. He sighed, smirking at the camera.

"No, I'm still not going to tell what colour my hair is," he replied, his voice deadpan.

You screamed out in frustration, chuckling afterwards and you heard him snicker — it was almost like you were both in the same room.

Jimin had spent time answering and responding to some of armys' comments while you watched. You realised you were too engrossed in watching him and forgot about your phone that still had your messages open. After a while, a comment had caught his attention.

"What's the funniest picture you have of y/n?" he read out, chuckling afterwards.

"Oh no," you whispered, lightly running your hand over your face, because even though Jimin sat there as if he was thinking you knew exactly which picture he would pick.

You could hear his menacing but contagious giggles whilst you hid behind your fingers.

"That would be," he paused, and you dared a look at the screen, "this one," he laughed as he showed the image to the camera.

The image was of you throwing it back on a historical site of standing stones. You and Jimin had gone on vacation and decided to take a walk which directed you to the monument which was actually extremely underwhelming. However, you both were able to laugh about the situation and with the energy you had left, you began twerking….for some reason.

The comment section was filled with laughing emojis, one even said 'you were made for each other', you were glad you could make them happy. Jimin leaned his chin on his palm while looking at his phone adoringly - you wondered how he could look like that at an image of you of that sort. When you looked closely, you saw the palm that his chin was in was also grasping a red, cotton fabric and your brows furrowed. You raised your eyebrows as soon as you realised that he was holding your scarf. 

You thought you had lost it a while ago, so you were confused as to why it was now in Jimin's possession.

'Is that my scarf?'

Jimin's eyes lit up at your message.

'You left it in my studio. It smells like you'

'I miss you'

Looking through the screen, you could see a little sadness in his eyes.

'It's starting to lose your smell I'm going to have to steal another one at some point'

You scoffed humorously, smiling at him. But he couldn't see you.

'You're live remember'

And like that, he looked back at the camera, his eyes wide.

"Army, I think I'm going to say goodbye," he said a little dazed, but put on his usual smile, quickly waving at the camera, the crimson fabric of your scarf fluttering with his actions. "I love you, and I'll miss you."

He spoke to the camera, but the longing and slightly shaky tone of voice made it seem like he was speaking to you. And you waved back.

"I miss you too," you whispered as the screen went black, making a note to text him those exact same words.