Chapter 3: She truly is a being of instinct

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

Arran awoke to find his mate at 3am moving around the room in a pensive manner, he asked, "What's wrong?"

She replied with a hiss of dismissal, she then moved onto the bed and reached her arms around her fragile concubine. She hugged him close and used her tail to wrap around both of them, sealing them in a tight embrace, maybe a little too tight for Arran's liking.

He moved his left arm around her and his right hand up to caress her. Knowing nothing about his mate's worried attitude he asked her again, "What's wrong?"

Oh, if only he could understand. He is so helpless to understand me, I love him but he'll never get why he means so much. Oh, every day before was torture. She had endured a horrible nightmare that night which had rendered her in a state of shock and fear. Always though she knew if she held him the pain never felt as hard to deal with.

Caressing him lovingly with her hands she wrapped her legs around his just wanting more contact with her human companion. They both laid there for hours as their cuddling made the time fly by until it was 8am. It was then Arran had to go back to work, he knew however that with his xeno lover he couldn't just leave her. So instead Arran called into work ill.

Phoning in he told the receptionist, "Last night I was violently sick and will be unable to attend today."

Because Weyland Yutani wouldn't risk contamination of biological samples he got the reply, "Okay, probably best you just stay at home, and take two days if you need. Quickly could I just get your name and employee clearance code?"

"Yes, Arran and the code is 177-042," with that Arran cut off the conversation.

One nice advantage working as a medical examiner was it was stupidly easy to get a day or two off work, as they did a hard job with a high emphasis on cleanliness in the work station. They couldn't risk any viruses or germs interfering with vital test subjects. That and generally medical examiners were always needed to be in their top form considering the sometimes dangerous nature of the job. Regardless he now had his time off to spend being 'ill'.

Today was different though as he needed the day to stay and look after his xenomorph mate, she also didn't want to let him go as she was terrified of losing him. He went down stairs and she followed, he took a seat at the kitchen table and invited her to do the same. She was curious what precise part of the hive this was, he has a strange hive layout, I wonder if he has food somewhere around here. Ironically she had no idea that all kinds of delicious food were mere feet away from where she was sitting.

Arran tried to start a conversation be asking, "Are you hungry?"

His words couldn't have been closer to what she wanted to hear from him at this exact time, it's like he can read my every thought, and yet I couldn't say anything to him. That thought saddened her a bit but in response to his question she nodded and let out a hiss of acknowledgement.

He smiled playfully and replied, "I thought you might, you really gave me quite the impression last night." His charming tone made her feel so warm inside, just to hear him speak was so enticing and she hung on his every word. In response to him she put one hand against her other and stooped her head down slightly, she felt mildly embarrassed but she looked so cute in her pose. Like a nervous teenage girl about to meet her idol, that was her precise look.