No. If she stayed here, her thoughts would kill her. Explode her head. She didn't remember when she jumped up, grabbed the light saree laying bunched at the foot of her bed which she didn't tie properly while going to bed, threw it on her roughly, put on her blouse and ran.

And now she sat hugging her knees and rocking her body side to side. She realised she was unable to go in. Unable to cross that thin line. He had told her his doors were open for her but her feet felt heavy like in her dream. And just like her dream she found herself unable to reach him.

" Bahu Raniji ?" Bondita didn't say anything. Just got up. " What are you doing here ? Even the sun is not up. I went to your corridor and, and what happened to your saree ?" Koyeli immediately started fixing it.

Bondita stopped her. " It is time for the sweeping of the haveli. I will get out of your way."

" But Malikin."

There was a sound from inside the room. " I am going to my room."

Aniruddh was not sure he heard right. Was it Koyeli ? Bahu Raniji ? Was it Bondita ? He sat up. He was hardly sleeping. He heard Koyeli's voice again and he got down from his bed making his way to the door. It was just Koyeli. No Bondita in site.

" What are you doing here ?" He asked.

" It is time for cleaning Malik. I was just checking everything."

" Bondita was here ?"

" Ji Malik."

" She was helping you ?"

He saw Koyeli spare a glance the way Bondita might have left. " No Malik."

" You know what she was doing ?"

" No Malik. She was just."

" Just what ?"

" Sitting here."

" Huh ?"

" Here." Koyeli pointed on the floor. " Sitting here facing your door."

Aniruddh's heart sank. " Did she say anything ?"

" Only that she was going to her room."

In the pooja Aniruddh noticed she looked tired. She wasn't saying anything, didn't even participate much. Sampoorna did the whole arti. Bondita took the arti thal to give everyone arti but didn't look at him when it was his turn. She went away to get ready for school. All these events had again led to her skipping school. But today he didn't want her to go. She didn't look alright.

Aniruddh went towards his study, Bihari and Koyeli at the main gates. She turned and left at the sound of his footsteps. He eyed Bihari for a moment. " Everything alright Bihari ?" Bihari didn't look up and mumbled a ' Ji Malik'. He would have gone inside but Aniruddh saw one of his junior lawyer climb up the stairs of the haveli.

" I have a good news Barrister Babu."

Somnath picked up the phone and sighed. It needed a lot of courage. Dialing the number he had learnt by heart, he stood praying it was not Thakuma who picked up. Aniruddh Dada had asked him to call Das haveli and inform someone that they would be visiting this evening.

" Hello."

Somnath let go of the breath he was holding. " Sumati Kaki ?"

" Ji."

" This is Somnath. Dada asked me to inform you that we would be coming to Das haveli today."

" Jamai Babu is coming ? Is everything alright ?"

" I don't know about everything but he said things are in our favour."

" Oh. I sure hope that he is right."