102

A few days passed by easily. For Bondita. She was too happy. She didn't know why. Just something in the air or...his presence.

His presence.

He had not sat much with her in last few days, he was busy, but whenever he did it was different. Peaceful. He even talked less these days but whenever he did...it was serene. Her holidays would end soon and she wanted to spend every minute with him before she got busy with her books again for her last year of school. But it was more difficult than being said. She was not able to catch hold of him. If they sat only she did the talking. He would listen. Quitely. Intensely.
Like always.

Just one thing pricked her. It was days since he touched her. Last time she hugged him from the back and that was it. Was he avoiding it again. Maybe she was overthinking.

And she was on her way to cure it. Sampoorna Didi had been taking warm baths after delivery. And though she had stopped now, Bondita had heard from her how wonderful it was. Calming and soothing. They had decided to get opened the bath behind the aangan. No one used it much as now every one had a personal bathroom. Only guests used it these days and right now Tapur.

Bondita entered the large room with her clean saree bundle in hand. The same room she was dressed and made pretty for her first night with Pati Babu. The things said in here made clear sense today. There was a rectangular bath in the ground where she was made to sit as she was bathed in scented water. Big enough for four women to bath together. Koyeli took the saree from her and helped her to untie the saree she was wearing. Bondita was now in just peticot and saree like she used to sleep in. Sampoorna Didi was already in.

" You are here early Didi."

" Shashwati didn't let me sleep." Yes they had named the newest member. A small puja was held and the name was picked up by her parents very lovingly. The puja had only family members but it was a celebration in the village from the Roy Chowdhury haveli. Gifts, sweets, toys and food was distributed with both hands. Just as it should be when a Devi is born.

" Tapur ?" Bondita asked getting in the water.

" She was here. She told me she was going to make some herbal face packs for us. "

" For what ?"

" To make us more pretty. See ? My eyes have grown black circles. And my skin doesn't shine. And she said she had many more things she wanted to share with us to make us more beautiful."

" You are beautiful Didi. " Bondita giggled as she lightly splashed the water on her Didi. It was still dark. Morning moon still visible from the large windows. Koyeli stood guarding them even though the aangan gate was locked from inside.

" No harm in getting more beautiful." Sampoorna threw water back on her.

" You just want to hear compliments from Sasurji." Bondita said and as soon as she realised her words, went quite. Did she cross a line ? What made her ask this ? She saw her Didi lean in, face devoid of expressions.

" True..." Sampoorna burst into a smile making Bondita sigh. Her Didi was not offended. Infact she answered. That means...a girl could talk of such things with other girls ? She knew nothing. Neither did she have many close girl friends nor such stories or experience to share.

" So..."

" So...so...so... I want to look good for him. What happened Bondita ? Why shocked ?"

" No. I am not shocked." The warm water was relaxing her body and her mind.

" You look so."

" I am... curious."

" Nothing new. Ask..."