61

Bondita sat in Aniruddh's study waiting for him with dinner set in a plate. She was disturbed to say the least with what happened in the school and she had been in no mood to talk to anyone else.

Aniruddh entered the study wondering why all the lights were on till he saw his wife curled up on a sofa, arms around knees, head resting back. A pleasant site to come back to. But however it pleased to see her safe and sound in his sanctuary, she looked uncomfortable there.

" Bondita..." He whispered near her ear and saw her little eyes slowly opening, trying to adjust to the lights.

" Pati Babu..." She smiled.

" What are you doing here ?" He was still whispering, bent down in front of her.

" Waiting..."

" Waiting...? For what...?" He just wanted to hear it.

" You..."

There it was. He smiled in contentment. His day was hectic but this little exchange put him back at ease. Home was where heart really felt warm.
And coming back home to someone waiting for you...how could it not be the most fulfilling.

" Let's have dinner." He said as he saw the plate.

" I am not hungry Pati Babu."

" Hmmm." He pretended to think. " Then feed me." He said moving to the opposite sofa.

She looked at him confused.

" I have not washed my hands and don't wish to go to the bathroom." He said sitting back at the large sofa, legs spread, as he opened a few buttons of his shirt waiting for what she would do.

Bondita understood he was teasing her. She got up and went inside the bathroom and came out with a mug and a small brass basin.

" Here. Wash your hands."

He looked up at her faking disappointment as he washed his hands. He knew they had been having trouble since last few days. It was not as if he just always wanted to press her to him. He knew that phase had passed...for now.
He felt like spending some time with her. He wanted to talk to her, smile...tease and fight.
Just be with her without all that...tension...

Bondita took his wet hands in hers and wiped them with her pallu, aware of his eyes on her.

" What are you looking at Pati Babu ?"

" Nothing..." He smiled again.

" I will feed you." she dipped her pallu in water a little more as she placed her fingers under his chin, his eyes widened, and moved his face towards her. She then dabbed his face with her pallu. " Don't worry." She said with a smile as if talking to a baby.

Aniruddh was a little startled by her fingers on him but relaxed again as he understood her intensions. He didn't stop her.
For once...he was liking all the pampering.

Bondita sat beside him taking the plate in her lap. She didn't know where to start. What all to tell him. She couldn't tell him how her teacher insulted her. He would loose it. He just came back home and he looked extremely tired. Lines of worry were still prominent even though he was smiling which reminded her that she still didn't know what happened at his office that day to make him lash out like that.

" Pati Babu..." She said forwarding a morsel which he eagerly took in his mouth. " How was your day ?"

" Much better now." He said as he opened his mouth ready for another bite. This pleased Bondita. Both his words and actions. He was acting like a baby and it was very rare that he let her take care of him like this so willingly.