105

Aniruddh was really bugged. Bondita always asked him for money since he started having g good earnings. He felt proud keeping money in her hands. Being from a privileged family he had to never think of a single Paisa in his life. Even today he wasn't contributing in the expenses of the haveli under strict order of his Kaka saying till the time he was alive no child of his was expending any money on things he had been handling long before any of them were born.

Aniruddh earned and invested, did social services with his money and saved it up. The only personal pleasure for him about that money was felt by him when he placed it in Bondita's hands. She rarely ever asked for it but whenever she did, he never said no. Paying for her fees, books and sweets  made him feel he actually was taking her responsibility on his own. But Bondita had always needed money to either buy sweets or bangles. Sometimes dolls and bindiya sindoor. What else was there that she needed that her Kaka Sasurji was not providing ? That her Pati Babu would say no to ?

Aniruddh found himself in Bondita's bedroom this morning after raking his brain for what did she buy and not show him. She always showed him her purchase. He had been bit a cautious of what she was hiding after her one month silence of pregnancy. Who knew who did something or said something to her for her to hide something again. He just wanted to be sure she was ok. That is all.

That was all he had in mind when he saw a big shopping bag on her bed. She didn't unpack from yesterday ? Good. Good. But it would be wrong to go through it right ? 
But would it be ? She bought them from a shop, the shop keeper knows it, Sampoorna, Tapur know it. Would it be wrong if...?

He stood close to the bag trying to peek in. Just a little hint. He lightly removed the handle of the bag to have a better view, maybe not that lightly because the bag came tumbling down the bed spilling it's contents to end his curiosity.

Panick.

Panick was the first thing he felt as he saw the bag roll off. Then...shock.
At first he could not be sure because he was not expecting it. But then he really could feel his heart thumping in dread. Was it...it was. It was... lingerie. Women's... undergarments.

Aniruddh clasped his hands to his mouth. He should not be here. He should not have come here looking for anything because what he found was beyond his capabilities to handle. How...how did he not think of it before ? Bondita obviously needed those...but... Just like he knew she would be going through menses but had not thought of teaching her about it till it was too late, even sex...he taught her after they...

And this too. But this time it was hardly his fault. He could not go around teaching her how to wear...wear...those. He hardly had any idea of such things himself. He didn't go around thinking what kind of underwear women used. In London... boys, his friends used to talk of such things. Something called...a brassiere...was getting really popular there. Being a young teenaged boy he obviously was curious but not hollow enough to think of them like those boys. And was it even a thing in Bharat ? Is it being...used here too ? These British got even this here.

Aniruddh had a flash of way too many thoughts in a little span of time. He needed to get out. Just get out. With really soft steps and no more sudden movements he turned at his spot to come in direct eye contact with... Sampoorna. A pool of intimate clothing at his feet he stood caught like a deer. He had not noticed Sampoorna was almost inside the door. Almost. Covering her face with her pallu she looked back at him accusingly...that was what he presumed.  Sampoorna didn't waste anytime turning swiftly, knocking the door by her elbow mistakenly while doing so and walked away as fast as she could.

" Sampoorna Didi ?" Came Bondita's voice from inside the bathroom. " Good you came ! I am stuck !"

Aniruddh was sure he would have a heartattack. Should he run ? Should he wait ? She knew someone was here. Would Sampoorna tell on him ? Wait...she said she was stuck. That meant she was not going to be able to come out. Good. He would just stuff everything in and move out. Like nothing happened. Yes.