28

Had Bondita not been through so much that night...maybe she would have stoped him. Maybe if she wasn't drugged that night, she would have known better to go against her pati Babu's will of not being together in that way. Had she not lost her senses she would have known that though she was attracted to him, it was not the right time for her according to her pati babu. Had she been fully conscious she would have noticed how her pati babu was conflicting his actions and words...how he asked her to stop him. She would have...saved herself...and him...had she just listened to herself...to her pati babu's pleas.

Had Bondita known what came next of what she agreed to...she would have not said yes... maybe, just maybe, she would have said no.
But the other part of her, the more grown up Bondita... the teenage Bondita unknowingly wanted to explore, just like any other girl who was kept hidden from all this, of any age...
And her faith in him made her take the leap that night. A drunken leap.  What could go wrong if he was with her ? The only thought that was floating in her head that time. And even if it did go wrong...he would set everything good.

No.
Bondita would have not let that happen. Not because she lacked faith in her pati babu but because he had faith in her. Faith that she understood all he said yesterday night. How staying away from all this was for her good. And nothing, nothing broke Aniruddh Roy Chowdhury as a speck of harm on his Bondita. She might get hurt but he was going to be the one ending up broken.
That was their relationship.

Had Aniruddh not been played by his kaka, yet again, and the family he had come to trust...no matter the differences...he would not have taken the step.
He would have rather cut his arm than harm Bondita in such a way. Had he known what Kalindi had been planning to do...he would rather have stabbed him self than thinking in such a way for Bondita. Of all the things...this was not what Aniruddh wanted for Bondita, her been taken advantage of. Had he known that she herself had been fed something dangerous, he would never have heeded to her consent even if she yelled the affirmation to his face.

And even if it was a yes from her in her complete and conscious mind, Aniruddh would have never touched her.

Only if he was not played dirty like this.

Only if they were both not betrayed by their own family, his kaka and her Thakuma.
Only if the people who considered themselves their parents had actually considered their children's feelings.

Aniruddh and Bondita had both been hurt that night to a point of no return...to an extent of no repentance...

No one was there to save them now... except each other...

Bondita got up to the feeling of chill. She opened her eyes.

And it took her a few minutes to focus her brain and eyes on what she saw. Her pati Babu, beside her, coverd till shoulder with sheets, sleeping on his stomach facing the other way. But what shocked her was the lack of his kurta.

She noticed her own self as she couldn't help but feel cold. And there was the reason. She was not wearing her blouse...
This alarmed her. Her saree was bunched somewhere under the sheets. Her hair open unlike the braid she had made. She placed a hand over her mouth to stop the scream making its way up.

She gathered her saree and hurriedly got down the bed. Only then did she feel a dull ache in her lower abdomen... She hissed in pain.

What was happening...? What had happened...?!!

She had no idea why their clothes were off. But she sensed it had something to do with everything her pati babu had warned her about.

" What is all this...??!" She spoke to herself, low enough to not wake him.