86

Aniruddh was healing quick thanks to consistent devotion of his little student who was regularly attending school and spent the rest of the day looking after him. He had started working from home a little and they both used to spend time in his study.

Bondita quickly changed into her saree from the uniform to join Pati Babu in his study. She was tired and wanted to rest but he was working and she didn't want to leave him alone. She sat looking all drowsy in the study and heard a laugh.

Aniruddh had been watching her head swing from one side to other. She was sleepy but too stubborn to go back. One more swing had him laugh at her cuteness. " Bondita ! Go back before you fall. On your face."

" Stop laughing."

" Then stop being stupid."

" Pati Babu...!"

" Bondita...I am fine." He said now getting sober.

" No. I have to prepare lunch too..."

" Don't. Go rest. Eat when you wake up."

" But I am hungry now..." She mummered looking sideways looking sad. He laughed again.

" When are you not hungry ?"

" Pati Babu...!"

" Please go Bondita. I am fine. And go straight to your room..." Aniruddh had instructed Bihari to keep a handi of roshogolla in her room after she leaves for his study when he saw her coming from school who just gave him a thumbs up from the gate that the order was followed.

" But..."

" I won't lift a finger on my own. I will make Bihari run for everything. Ok Bihari ?"

" Anything Malik !"

" Shotti...?" She asked.

" Shotti. Now run or I will give you double homework."

Bondita got on her feet before he could even close his mouth. Study could repel anyone. Aniruddh just nodded smiling at the door she closed behind her. " Badmash Bondita..." He whispered to himself smiling.

Bondita was just crossing the main gate when she saw Aarti approaching. Sampoorna too had seen her from her window and was coming down the stairs. Not in a good mood to add. " Aarti ji !" Bondita called excitedly. She was about to call her in whe Sampoorna herself stepped out. Bondita moved out too looking at Aarti at the bottom footsteps of haveli.

" Namashkar Badi Malkin, Chhoti Malkin..."

" What brings you here ?" Bondita noticed the tone of the question her Didi asked was sharp. She saw Aarti hold her jhola closer to her as she looked down clearly understanding that she was not welcome.

" I...just had some work with Barrister Babu." Bondita smiled. It could be work related to his petition. He was still waiting for the result.

" Ji..." Bondita stepped forward eagerly.

" He is not home." Sampoorna's lie made Bondita look at her bewildered. Maybe she did not know. She usually spent her time upstairs these days. Infact Bondita was surprised to see her down as there was still a little time for lunch. But how could she not know ? He was not going to office these days. This act of her Didi, a smooth lie, made her uncomfortable reminding her of days she lied to her, manipulated her. She tried to not let her emotions come on her face.

" Oh. I heard he was home. His peon in the office..."

" You went to his office too ? Must be something important." Sampoorna questioned. " May I know what it is ?"

" Just some work..."

" I heard that. What work ?"

" Office related." Aarti was sensing the hostility towards her.