Chapter 3: A 'normal' Saturday

General POV

It was a Saturday night at Azur. Everything was calm...mostly, Andy, Cleveland, and Luna were playing video games and the other Commanders were tending to their fleets and sections of the school that have been nicknamed bases. 

Andy: "Boom!" he exclaimed, crossing the line in 1st.

Cleveland: "Stupid green shell!" she cursed, yelling at the skies above. 

Luna giggled having thrown said shell to let Andy through. 

In the docks were 4 personal ships, the Crabber F/V Northwestern, the Conservation/Patrol ship M/V Steve Irwin, the Tuna hunter F/V Tuna.com, and the tugboat Hercules. These 4 ships all serve different purposes but are all parts of the fleet, the Irwin especially since it can act as a command ship if all kansen need their riggings out to move quickly. 

But tonight the ships would serve a different purpose. A figure made its way onto the Northwestern and started the engines, everyone was oblivious until the lines snapped and the alarm rang.

Andy: "Thief!" he exclaimed. 

Andy jumped up and ran for the Irwin.

Cleveland: "See you in a bit Commander!" she said, rather calmly.

On the docks those who didn't own ships of their own boarded the Irwin, the Northwestern, and the Hercules.

Alex: "What the heck is going on?" he asked. 

Andy: "Game night." he said simply, running up the boarding ramp.

Alex: "....what?" he asked. 

Commander 3: "You get used to it!" he called.

Alex followed Andy on board as the other Commanders manned the water canon up front and got ready to launch the 3 small boats on deck. Mooring lines were detached, the engine roared to life, and Andy finished his checks before gunning the throttle and racing after the Northwestern, followed by the Hercules.

Spotlights flashed on as the 2 ships chased the fishing boat with the Island Class gaining rapidly. Andy then got on the PA systems.

Andy: "Water canon at the ready!" he called. 

The commanders on the water canon nodded and aimed at the fishing boat. Andy made a small turn to port to allow the canon, situated on the starboard side, to fire. Water sprayed the fishing boat.

Alex: "That's doing jack shit!" he exclaimed, "He's gonna get away!" 

Andy: "You're right, hold on." he said, running onto the starboard wing of the bridge, "Get ready to launch 2 of the boats!" 

One of the guys on deck gave Andy 2 thumbs up before helping to load one of the small boats with prop fowlers before helping the crane crews in putting the boat in a harness. Andy then got back onto the harness and slowed the Irwin down so they could safely launch the boats. Andy then turned to Alex.

Andy: "Can you fly a helicopter?" he asked. 

Alex: "Yeah...sorta." he replied.

Andy: "Good, I have a Killer Egg in the hangar behind us." he said, gesturing to the blocky structure behind the Irwin's funnel, "Hop into it and get ready to fly." 

Alex saluted half-heartedly.

Alex: "Yes sir." he said, near sarcastically. 

Andy continued staring forward as the 2 boats finally launched, allowing Andy to gun it once again. He then saw a bright white Killer Egg roar ahead, the Sea Shepherd logo on its sides.